Monday, 28 October 2013

A little dusting...

I thought it was high time I actually dusted this little wooden shelving unit today.  So off everything came, on with the brush nozzle on the vacuum cleaner  - yup the dust was that thick!

Soft toys got vacuumed as well and the other ornaments were dusted and cleaned and rearranged.


On the top are various things I have made apart from the little rabbit in blue (bought from Marmalade Rose), the Koala, a gift from my childhood friend who lives in Australia and the Octopus - a very rare raffle prize win - I never win raffles - he is the exception! 


Top shelf holds plates, two from my grandparents, one from my Dad as is the lovely vase, the glass on the left is from my Mum & Dad for my birthday in 2011.

Next shelf, some Russian dolls and one in Native NZ birds, a glass kiwi, a couple of 'eggs' some other vases that I think were from my husband's fathers house.

Bottom Shelf, some children's cups, a magic roundabout book, cup, and my childhood Dougal, a zebra, Beatrix Potter mouse, frogs, a little boy and girl ornament that my younger son bought me and a little china tea set.  All rather whimsical.

I faffed around with another unit, but the photos didn't come out very well as it is just too dark inside now and even with the lights on the photos were terrible.

2 comments:

  1. Well done you for being brave enough to DUST!!!! I am still thinking about dusting, it could be weeks before it happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Precious realms you have - Looking at them just makes me so Smile :)

    ReplyDelete