Friday, 4 October 2013

Friday Afternoon

I took my art journal with me yesterday and sketched a few things (and coloured them when I got home)...they are pretty basic drawings...not a lot of talent showing here yet...but I can only practice and hope I get better at it!


What I realised I could do with is a water paintbrush, I had a look in a local stationery supply shop, in which I managed to get some paintbrushes and some watercolour pencils, but they didn't have what I wanted, so when I got home I looked up on good old Amazon and ordered some.  



Now I want to make myself a little pencil/equipment roll to take out with me when I go for my walks.

This morning it was pouring with rain and I am full of the dreaded lurgy...I so seldom get colds, and don't like them so usually try to fight them as much as I can, but instead of going out and getting drenched I succumbed to the lure of bed instead and had a couple of extra hours sleep.  I've been dosing myself with hot lemon and manuka honey drinks.

The sun came out this afternoon, but too late to really pop out for a walk, so I just wandered round the garden instead taking photos of my roses.






They are so beautiful, smell exquisite and just can't help but bring a smile to ones face.

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon and do take care of yourself and don't go getting chilled or wet till you are fit again. Hope the art collection will prove inspiring and useful when it arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slip a couple of dissolving disprin into your honey and lemon drinks, I drank a lot of them during winter when feeling yuk and it certainly helped me. Your Roses are Bloomin' gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete