Monday, 30 March 2009

Blue Monday

It's a beautiful day here today, the sun is shining and there is that gorgeous blue sky that I like so much showing its lovely face.

I thought I would join in 'Blue Monday' hosted by Sally at Smiling Sally. So I hope I do this right! It's always a pleasure seeing what others have shared, so be sure and visit her blog for the list of participants!

Considering my love of teapots, especially blue ones, I was thrilled to find this in the charity shop last week. I feel very lucky to find this as it is the third blue willow pattern teapot I have found in the last couple of months and I've been without one for quite a few years now when my dear husband broke the spout of my favourite teapot. I did of course keep the teapot with the spout glued back on, but it is only for display now.

This is a copy of a teapot made c1820, but I'm not sure when the copy was made. This teapot is in lovely condition.




This lovely little cup and saucer and plate is also very pretty and very apt with the bluebells and butterflies. Mmmm, I think I will have tea and cake out on my newly transformed front porch this afternoon.



I hope the day continues as lovely as it started. I have lots of things I want to get done today and need to go and enjoy the sunshine now.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Blue Monday.. what a lovely teapot.. Love it.. and teacup just lovely too!.. have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fine job of shopping, posting, and linking in. I noticed that your countertop is blue too! Enjoy that cup of tea and thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely, but those bluebells really caught my eye. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tea pot is just perfect, I also collect tea pots and it made my heart beat faster when I saw it. I don't know why beautiful dishes make me catch my breath, could it be I'm addicted...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!!! your teapot and teacup are beautiful! truly lovely. I collect both and have never seen either before! the teacup with the little butterflies is amazing!! ah, heavy sigh and trying not to be green with envy :-)happy blue monday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Blue Monday,,your blues are just beautiful. Hope you have a great day and a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so delighted you joined us all the way from England (one of my favorite places on earth). And I love your new antique teapot and the lovely bluebell cup. Believe me, you did this just right. Enjoyed seeing your treasures.

    Happy Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely teapot! I'm jealous. :) Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

    Blessings to you from the Heartland of America,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice that you visited from England. Everything is beautiful - especially the teapot. I have never seen that pattern of Spode. Happy Blue Monday.
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete