Sunday, 29 March 2009

The Weekend List

Yippee, I managed to convince my lovely husband to take me to the garden centre to get some potting compost and some plants so I can fill these lovely pots we got in the bargain section of a nursery last weekend.

Lots of plants - I think they ended up costing more than the pots did. Good thing I have joined the garden club and now get discounts!

Voila! Lots of potted plants - Unfortunately the lighting just doesn't seem right - not sure if I have altered the settings on the camera or it is just the dullness of the day. I'll have to take some more pictures when the weather is better.



Still they are going to look good and I can cross that off my Weekend To Do list now.

I've also managed to do loads of washing, goodness knows what the neighbours think with the amount of linen that has been on the line the last few days. Now of course I am faced with a pile of ironing - although as opposed the usual ironing pile I am going to enjoy ironing the various tablecloths, cotton sheets, pillowcases etc...

I've managed to sort through some of the sewing bits and pieces. This little wooden box was filled with ribbons which I have sorted through.



Not a bad selection, I'm sure I will find a use for all of these at some stage.


I like the way the flash has made the ribbons gleam in this photo.



A good selection of crochet hooks were in this box.

There is also a nice assortment of lace and wooden cotton reels that I can add to my collection and will update this with a photo hopefully tomorrow if the light is better.

Oh and my bag is coming along nicely, only another row or two to do and then the handles and decorations. I took it with me last night to my boys school. We went to watch a musical production, so I thought I could do some before it started and in the interval. When I got there my younger son, looked horrified when I pulled it out of my bag.
'You're not going to do THAT are you?'
'Yes I said'. 'No seriously, you can't crochet Mum, don't embarrass me'.
'Yes SERIOUSLY I am going to crochet'
, was my reply. I also managed to do some when we got home as well. Mark also took along his iPod touch so he could work on his chess programme he is writing for it. Younger son squirms in his seat, 'Great, a computer geek for a Dad and a crocheting weirdo for a Mum'!

Now why are these fonts a different colour on my preview I wonder? I haven't pressed any buttons to change any settings that I know of. Another of those blogging mysteries!


Finally I also managed to find a place to hang the embroidered robin picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment