Well it has been a fabulous day, the sun has shone pretty much all day, although has disappeared now behind a cloudy sky. I managed to get a load more washing done, on the line and now freshly folded.
I've put fresh sheets on our bed. In amongst the linen from my FIL's were some lovely new Egyptian cotton crisp white sheets which I've used. We have never had 100% cotton sheets before so I am looking forward to going to bed tonight as they look so inviting. I've also used my 'new' Duvet cover which I picked up for £3.99 in one of our local chairty shops. It is also in keeping with Blue Monday!

One of the lovely treasures that we have also inherited is this lovely white crochet bed covering. I've put it on our bed to try it out for size.


It looks good doesn't it?
I've also managed to sort through some more of the treasures today. I wonder what this lovely wooden box contains?
Opens up to reveal lots of tissue paper.
Which wraps up lots of lovely silver and bone, mother of pearl and other assorted cutlery. I'm not sure what you would use the little wooden set for?

Some more cutlery.

Now I have an excuse to make the lovely cutlery roll in my new book 'Sewing in No Time'.
I also tackled my knitting/wool basket today. This has been hidden in our loft for the last few years and I asked my husband to retrieve it for me the other day.
I sorted through the wool and... Oh my goodness, do I really have all these unfinished projects?!



One thing I am very pleased about is that I have finished my crotchet bag.
Wtih many thanks to Lucy at Attic 24.
Her instructions are lovely, clear and concise and so easy to follow.

My friend mentioned the other day that she would like to do some crocheting so I have made her an invitation for a Coffee/(tea), Cake and Crochet morning.
Phew! Now I better go and see if I can rustle up something for dinner. I think tomorrow I will have to focus on some of the more mundane things that need to be done. Although I have managed to tidy the lounge and vacuum the floor.

Happy Blue Monday, Serenata! 100% cotton sheets! Mmmmm! You have lots of projects ahead of you by the looks of things. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sandi
Kia Ora again...the beach is Long Bay...is it the same one you holidayed on as a child? How funny if it is.
ReplyDeleteI love the box of cutlery... treasure indeed!
Have a great week, jus
I went to school at Long Bay College! No wonder I recognised the beach, we used to go swimming there with the school.
ReplyDelete