Monday, 14 December 2009

A Pause in Advent - week three


Taking things very slowly at the moment...our younger son is giving us much grief and stress... and doing some very silly things that will probably have a hugh impact on our lives. Needless to say I am doing what I can and making the most of the little things. My 'Pause for Advent' has not been as reflective as I would have hoped, although indeed a lot of reflection is going on in our household at the moment as we try and deal with various issues. I had thought of giving blogging a break, but to be honest I need this as my 'escape' from some of the harsh realilities of living with a child with autism and oppositional defiance disorder.

Being me I needed to do something 'interesting' so dismantled my dresser top and moved the shelf that was in the 'wrong' position'. Now I can put plates on all levels like it was supposed to be. Of course there are now unsightly holes but I will deal with those another time. I did enjoy dressing the dresser and adding a few Christmassy touches.



So without further ado my A Pause for Advent post in pictures.











7 comments:

  1. It's adorable, Serenata! And, in John Lennon's annoyingly apt words, life is what happens when you're planning other things. Lots of lovely reflection might be great, but won't get the children sorted out, as you point out. You really help me to get my life in perspective, though - I have tons of small to middling problems with work, home and family (and one big one with my mum being ill, I suppose) and it's far too easy to just feel sorry for myself and not get on with life. Thanks for sharing your bad moments as well as your good. I'll be thinking of you all, and it will do me good to stop wallowing in my own problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chin up! I feel for you -it must be difficult having a special child, but he;s yours, you love him. And no doubt he;s just as cofused as you,and needing your love and support.

    I have a little sign up in the kitchen, it says - Children need love especially when they don't deserve it!
    Its there just to remind me on the bad days!

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can find your way through your difficulties - thinking of you.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care petal...I had to look twice at the last photo, I thought for a second you were holding Peanut and a friend hostage on top of the dresser, that would be a new parenting technique!!!
    Chin up...it's nearly Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorating - those bears and dolls are priceless. Hope you are able to enjoy the remainder of advent with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief girl, I know your son is driving you batty but really, putting him on the top shelf is a little bit naughty isn't it?!! Actually maybe you should give him a cloth as chances are you haven't cleaned up there in years.

    Oh dear, I do hope things settle down for you soon and Christmas is a little more relaxing as it should be. If not go for a walk by yourself and escape for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hold in there, and I hope there is a guiding light even if it isn't at the end of a tunnel
    marina

    ReplyDelete