Friday, 15 May 2009

Show & Tell Friday - Sometimes...

Show and Tell



Welcome to 'Show and Tell Friday'. For more Show and Tell, visit Kelli at There's No Place Like Home.

Sometimes you just have to!

Yes that's right, sometimes you just KNOW that something has your name on it - and when it is supporting a good cause as well, it just has to be good! Anyway, back in February, while looking for something completely different on ebay I found this lovely nursery chair up for sale.





Just look at the lovely carved detail.

It was listed as an Antique Victorian Nursing Nursery Salon Chair c.1890, whether this is correct or not I have no idea, I just knew it would be perfect in the corner of our bedroom. I went to the shop to have a look at it (Emmaus is a Charity for the homeless). I very much liked it in real life so knew I would bid for it. I set myself a limit and put my bid in and found out last night I won it! Super! So I went to collect it this morning and now it has pride of place in our bedroom, complete with the free vintage doll that came with it. Isn't it lovely? Now I really must start stripping the wallpaper so I can decorate! Oh wait, we need to replace the windows first... and that, well, goodness knows when that will happen!



12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful old chair.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such intricate woodwork. I would recover the cushion, are you planning on doing that?

    My Show N Tell is Disney today. Come by if you can find time. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know just what you mean. Sometimes, they do speak your name. I always regret when I ignore that.
    Lovely chair and doll.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the woodwork. I never heard of a nursery chair. Have a wonderful day.
    Cindy D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous chair. It is so pretty, so glad you got it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love everything and anything vintage or vintage inspired.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful chair! I know you will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, the chair is superb with all that beautiful carving; and the doll is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you shared today. I have enjoyed looking over your blog. Reading your thoughts and expressions, I can just hear the accent in your voice and I love it. Such lovely things you show.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely chair and a treat to receive the dolly as a bonus! Congratulations on this treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful chair! You found a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's just wonderful...so many beautiful details!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete