Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Things to be thankful for.

After finishing 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini it made me think of how much I am thankful for and how lucky I am to be living in the society that I do within the family I have. So many reviews have been written about this book that I don't need to add to them only to say that I was going to get this book quite a long time ago now after hearing the author speak about it on a radio programme. I didn't - I hesitated and didn't want to spend the money at the time, even when I was offered it as a gift for Christmas. I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it. Well that worry was completely unfounded. It was an easy book to read and very enjoyable in a strange kind of way that really makes you think. I returned it to the library today and it was already reserved by another reader.

So my list today is: This lovely book I got at the Scout jumble sale on Saturday for 20p.


Beautifully illustrated.



A new pillowcase


Some lovely curtains 'Honeysuckle Rose - A Country Diary Collection' 100% cotton for £2.49 from the local charity shop - not big enough for our windows, but just what I was looking for to make a bag.


.
A lovely quilt for £4.99. Not blues and pinks, but still very nice. This has more than made up for the eBay saga

Afternoon tea with my lovely hubby who also took me out for lunch today. Oh and a couple of new magazines. This is becoming quite a habit!



Okay so the above picture is on our front porch, but it was a bit too shaded so we used our 'posh' garden table - aka a guinea pig run - in the back garden.


The wisteria is starting to blossom way up in the conifer tree.


I just love our maple tree in the middle of the garden - its glorious green contrasts so nicely with the wonderful colours in the sky.


Peanut (younger son) and I made our weekly trip to the library and came home laden with another pile of books. Three novels for me (hope they are good) and four craft books.


2 comments:

  1. Did you like the photo...remember that beach, it's Waiake, beautiful, eh? If you look carefully you can see the three rainbows that were actually visible to the naked eye, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visiting your lovely blog!
    Enjoyed seeing your found treasures and beautiful flowers...
    Thanks for sharing!
    Debbie Moss

    ReplyDelete