Well I must have looked a picture last Wednesday afternoon, purple jumper, pink socks inside bright blue Crocs grinning somewhat like a Cheshire Cat. So much so that a passer by said ‘you look pleased with yourself’ and I sure did. I found a sewing box! I don’t know if you remember my last attempt to obtain a lovely sewing box/table that ended in tears. Well whilst this one is probably not as good, or filled with as many treasures I just love it. Not sure hubby was so convinced with it, but I am delighted with it. I will eventually do it up, but at the moment contented myself by taking out the lining of the draw as it was rather tatty and lining the draw with lavender draw lining paper.


Treasures inside (or tat as hubby called it!)
I've still got to sort through this lot.
Now sitting in my 'sewing corner'.
Draw lined and filled with cottons.
Some of my crafting displayed on the top.
Finished my crocheted cupcake - guaranteed sugar free and non-fattening!
I also found a really pretty tablecloth for £1. Each corner has a lady with a different coloured dress and the centre is surrounded by beautifully embroidered flowers. This looks as if it has never been used.

Oh what great treasures. I love the sewing box. It is just gorgeous. YOur treasures are all just wonderful. The tablecloth is so precious. What a find. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find and full of all those lovelies!! I read you post you linked to what a disaster and full of scams very frustrating, but thankfully you got your money back.
ReplyDeletetake care and have a lovely week,
Nina x
ps. for pictures of flowers my camera has a dial which I can set to do just that - hope that helps?
Hee Hee, I'm glad to see you are carrying on the rainbow posts with your attire, I think a large orange ribbon in your hair would have finished it off spiffy!
ReplyDeleteI love the sewing box, what a find...what is it though with husbands and tat. Slap stomped around the house yesterday removing all the pretty bags I have hanging from every doorhandle grumpily muttering about tat. Suffice to say they have all managed to find their way back already...Long Live TAT!!
HI
ReplyDeleteYour sewing box is simply lovely and what beautiful treasures it held inside waiting for someone like you to discover and care for them.
Thank you for sharing this delightful blessing.
The photos are wonderful .
Have a great week.
Lovely sewing box and crinoline lady cloth .... I missed out on a sewing box very similar to that a while back .... someone was looking at it in front of me and I was willing her to walk away, she almost did then hesitated and asked how much ..... when the dealer said £2 that was it .... it was lost to me! Hey hoh will carry on looking! Tell your husband he has no taste it is not tat ... bet he's got more tat in his garage/shed or whatever mantype bolthole he has. x
ReplyDelete