Wednesday, 28 April 2010

The Case of the Missing Nutella!


Well DS2's illness didn't last long - it never does - he seems to get over things very quickly - the one exception being when he had gastroenteritis - it lasted 12 very long whole days! Well I can leave the rest up to your imagination!



How do I know he is better? Well it is the case of the missing Nutella Spread. We usually only bring it out each morning to make his sandwiches, along with his bottle of drink.
Why do we 'hide' it away? Well that way he is guaranteed to have something everyday for lunch!
Why not something healthier? Well at the moment it is currently the only thing he will eat for school lunches.
Well back to the mystery (or not as the case may be). Am I really losing my marbles? Where has it gone?

It was sitting on the bench yesterday when I made him some lunch. Why didn't I give it back to hubby for the 'safe keeping' ready for making the lunch the following day? Well DS2 was ill yesterday. Of course I should have recognised the signs later in the day when he started to perk up a bit. Silly me, should have known better! Master 13 is back to his usual mischief of taking food, in this case a whole jar of chocolate spread, us having been lulled into a false sense of security and not 'hidden' it away, and of course he completely denies it. Who said autistic children can't lie? LOL

I've found the spoon (under his pillow) and tell tale signs of chocolate spread remants on both that and his bed covers. Just need to discover where he has hidden the empty jar now!

6 comments:

  1. Only a boy could eat that much Nutella!! Gosh I don't know how he could eat that much of it without feeling really sick. My mother might know how he feels, she's been known to have spoonfulls of the stuff!! Oh well at least he's feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe used to eat Nutella on toast every morning. I liked it too as a child - we discovered it in the campsite shop while camping in France. It's great when you get it in the little jars that can then be used as glasses.
    Joe once ate a whole pot of chldrens' vitamins. He hid himself in the larder ( pantry ) we had in the old house & scoffed the lot ( Had to sit on the loo several times that day! )

    my emai is
    Pennysteel@talktalk.net
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, thats too funny! Mind you, it is rather delicious stuff so I can't really blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so much Nuttelle, although I do love the stuff with peanut butter too on toast - I am your swap partner at Helen's Swap, but can not find an e-mail address for you, could you possibly get in touch with me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Sarah, Nutella is so sweet, now Marmite that's different, Aj who is nearly 18 eats out of the jar. Yuck, we ask him if he wants toast with his Marmite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! No wonder he perked up with a tummyful of chocolatey, nutty goodness to keep him going til tea. Alf used to eat butter by the spoonful, it still makes me gag just thinking about it!!! x

    ReplyDelete