Taking part in Floss's No Frill's Magazine Swap found me swapping magazines with Karen of Just Plain and Simply Me. I managed to post my magazine to her just before I left for NZ. I've only been collecting magazines for a year and as I wanted to send one applicable to the month I didn't have a lot to choose from! I hope she liked it though.The magazine from Karen arrived while I was away. She very kindly sent me a Country Living magazine that I've read from cover to cover. I especially enjoyed the section on Girl Scout Memorabilia.

Yesterday I pretty much had a day to myself so I decided to get myself into gear and I cleaned and tidied the kitchen - even rearranging some cupboards! I made good progress so while in the mood (doesn't happen often lately!) I embarked on transforming the lounge. I rearranged the armchairs, my work/sewing table, the dining table and hey ho even found room for my new dresser. I thought I would 'live' with it for a while before deciding quite what to do with it.
DS1 came in at some stage of the process and commented he liked the dresser, so I thought great hopefully that will mean hubby might like it as well....as long as I get it all finished before he gets home.
Had a close shave at one moment. He came home inbetween appointments and even came into the lounge, but fortunately was so distracted he didn't notice the new dresser - just that I'd moved the dining table! Phew, that was close!
It fits in to the space just perfect! It is also perfect for displaying my cottage tea set.
I've also changed a few pictures around - a change is good every now and again! More pictures to come!
When hubby arrived home he came into the lounge and admired the change around and then spotted the new item...and...he liked it! Because it is small and a little bit unusual I think it appealed. He asked how and when I managed to 'sneak it in' and I said the other day. He did admit that if he had seen it before the change round he would never have believed it would have fitted and would have asked me to take it back! You just need a bit of vision I said!
Today has been a mammoth cleaning out session of the guinea pigs so they are all nice and clean, happy and just been fed their greens. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get out into the garden. It has been such a nice day today, but piggies needs had to come first!

The dresser looks lovely.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been a little tornado!
Unbelievable that you got away with it!! I'd never. It does look good with your lovely collection on it. A change is a grand thing. I'm looking forward to one at some time in the distant future...
ReplyDeleteYour 'new' dresser looks perfect with your china displayed. Hope the weather is kind to you again today.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your 'new' space.
What a great day!! Glad you liked your magazine! They are fun and decorating ones are good even if they are old! I would have a hard time parting though, you did well!
ReplyDeleteLove your hutch and dishes!
Hugs, Lisa
Hi - the dresser looks lovely - just the right size! Funny how husbands
ReplyDeletecan take a while to notice things - my husband usually complains about any changes I make round the house, which I used to find disheartening but now I realise it just takes him a while to get used to things!
Hope you're having a good weekend, and enjoying the sunshine -
xxx
I did indeed love the magazine you sent! I apologize that I haven't gotten anything posted! I have barely been blogging, so much going on, and we've had so much rain, it's been crazy on a day that there is no rain. I'll be back to visit again, love your blog! Karen
ReplyDelete