I've been busy in the garden again today, or rather cleaning out the guinea pigs and putting some in the run to enjoy the grass now we have some warmer weather. Lots of cutting and pruning of plants has been going on and various things moved to start preparing for one of our 'big projects'.
Still haven't quite worked out where my raised garden is going to go, but have found a space for a green/glass house - just need to convince hubby now!
The other day I 'Aprilsized' my dresser.
Daffodils and spring flowers
A bit of frippery!Now while in New Zealand I was lucky enough to visit not one but two bloggers, Jus of The Beach Hut and Sarah of Red Gingham. This was largely possible due to the very kind offer of Jus to drive me to see Sarah, of course that meant we could both meet her and her lovely children! So off we set one morning in Jus's trusty Beetle to arrive at Sarah's late morning. We were spoiled with the most yummy lunch and cake and had a great time chit chatting.
I took my camera, but forgot to take photos we were chatting so much!
Sarah gave me a lovely box filled with gorgeous lace and some fabulous fabric strips to add to my string quilt I'm making with fabric from friendly bloggers and friends on SCC.
Thank you so much Jus for taking me and Sarah for a lovely day. See you next year?
How lovely to meet your blogging friends. I shall post about the raised beds very soon. The biggest bonus is that we no longer have grass at the front to cut!xx
ReplyDeleteA few Bloggers I know live in Suffolk - a long way from here but sadly I will be going up there soon for a lovely Uncle's funeral. I'm wondering if I can meet up as we will have to stay over - but I'll have Hubby in tow !
ReplyDeleteHow lovely to meet blogger friends on the other side of the world Lorraine ... makes they world seem a much smaller and friendlier place. When the littlies go back to school next week I will know what free days I have ... the small boy I have during the day is going to start doing 3 full days a week (Yippee!) but I don't know which ones yet. Hoping for Mon,Wed and Fri. We'll have to arrange a meet then xx
ReplyDeletei do love all your fripperies and lace :o)
ReplyDeletei have to clean our my g.p's hutches tomorrow. am down to two pigs now, i had five last year. am always heart-brocken when the dear little characters leave.
have a lovely week, should be a good gardeners week :o)
xxx
sumea
p.s. i love this piano music i am listening to.
p.s. i've just realised the piano music wasn't coming from your blog, lol. silly me.
ReplyDelete