Thursday, 15 April 2010

A project or two?

Thank you to all for your kind comments yesterday. Hopefully as the weather gets better I will start to feel more myself. It's been a tough couple of years in many ways and I'm just tired of feeling like I do. The little poem I wrote just came to me yesterday morning while I was lying in bed, and I thought - yes that sums up exactly how I feel. Of course feeling like this is often a dangerous thing as it means my purse is often open!

I couldn't resist this little necklace yesterday when I saw it in a second hand shop.

Yes indeedy, I do like it very much.

I also sneaked out again today (I'm not really held in against my will!) and bought myself a little project to do from an antique type shop.

Currently nestling in my cavy shed - so it will have to find a home this weekend!


Needs a tidy up and some TLC


But is very petite and I'm very pleased to have found it.
Question is do I restore or shabby chic it?


Another project....


Hubby found these clogs in his father's garage so brought them home for me to paint - or something!

Now what do I do with these - any suggestions?

Oh and Lisa, the reason I'm not 'allowed' to renew my magazine subscription is because I'm taking part in the Utmost Challenge, and new things such as magazines etc... are off the agenda for a year - so it is a self enforced restriction!

12 comments:

  1. That necklace is gorgeous.

    Beki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your finds - beautiful necklace. Have you ever tried decopatch
    (was thinking about the clogs) - it's very easy and looks good to - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - should have mentioned - have a look at Attic 24 blog for a nice decopatch post - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh now I like the dresser... but I adore the necklace. I would not have been able to resist it either. BeFru x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a little project??? Who are you kidding - it's jolly huge! I can't imagine my hubby's face if I arrived home with a little project like that. I do like seeing makeovers though so look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    Lovely necklace. Very beautiful and probably quite needed. I wonder what you will find to buy today?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think shabby chic (for what it's worth)! I have an old pine dresser awaiting the shabby treatment. Thanks so much for joining in the swap.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE the dresser, what an unusual shape. I'm going for shabbying too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love those clogs and your new necklace!
    Did you bring that project home in a carry bag?
    You are the queen of thrifting!lol
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do a clog dance of course...a jolly good stomp always cheers me up! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pendant and it looks like it was made just for you.

    I see some softies hanging out in those clogs - not sure how big they are but maybe some of your cute pigs may like to play in their.


    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful necklace pairs beautiful with your sweater. What a wonderful cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just catching up & read your poem - semto be a lot of blogging blues around .
    The necklace is lovely & a perfect match with your jumper. I quite like the clogs as they are ! but I do like plain wood. Can't wait to see what you do with the dresser

    ReplyDelete