
I've been wanting a new mattress for about three years now...hubby wasn't convinced and even though we went to various bed shops and tried out beds several times the result was...no purchase. However, hubby has been suffering from slight back pain recently, so the other week he decided we DEFINITELY needed a new mattress. Hooray! Delivery date was today!

Out with the old sag in the middle...
In with the new!


It looks comfy...

Sam and Violet seem quite taken with it...
I'm hoping this will help with some of my aches and pains.
On Friday we went out for the day while hubby's car got serviced. We had a lovely lunch out and hubby treated me to a lovely top and dress from a charity shop.


A little bit different, but I like it.

A lovely Laura Ashley dress which I will be wearing tomorrow.
A walk around my garden today...

This is where baked beans are made! Seriously...my dahlia about to bloom.

Pansy Power.

Petunia in Pink

Some of the neighbours roses...



Two more ripe tomatoes.
Oh and we have a visitor 'Thomas the Tortoise'


I think I'm getting more accustomed to the new drugs I'm taking...haven't felt so drowsy today, but they haven't made one little bit of difference to the pain and tingling/pins and needles. I was supposed to be going to a Cavy Show today, but sadly I just wasn't up to it. Such a shame I haven't been able to go to any this year.
Hoping this coming week will be a sewing and crafting week!



Thank Goodness I read through to the end of the post... for a minute there I thought the new drugs you were on had some serious side effects and both you and your man had shrunk.... but they're dollies, phew!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you're feeling better, have a great week x
Oh a new mattress is such a heavenly blessing. You really will love it and the rest you will get. Nothing like it. The flowers are beautiful and I really do like your new top and dress. Both are gorgeous. So hope you get to feeling better. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteHi Serenata
ReplyDeleteI'm one of your Kiwi followers and I love reading your posts.
I'm amazed by the variety of birds in your garden, mainly on the previous post.
Are those peanuts in your bird feeder?
I feed the birds each day, but mainly bread.
However at times I mix honey and rolled oats with it which they love.
We have a "cat free" home but neighbourhood cats visit from time to time!
I'm hoping to attract more tuis into our courtyard, as last Monday one had a lot of fun in the bird bath!
Good luck with your sewing week!
Take care
Shane
Isn't it amazing how good an idea is once Men think of it!
ReplyDeleteLove the tortoise visitor and the close up of the pansy. They are such pretty flowers.
Love your special visitor, oh and the baked beans.
ReplyDeleteHope the new mattress lives up to your expectations.
Enjoy sewing and crafting this week.
Oh not good about the pain, there is nothing worse, but the new mattress looks comfy and the jacket is sublime.
ReplyDeleteI do hope that mattress lives up to its promise - it really does look comfy! I would love to think it could help with pain relief.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your news and the lovely photos of your garden visitors- I'm very fond of tortoises.
wishing you both peaceful sleeping !
ReplyDeleteI love tortoises we had one visit us in Spain sometimes.
Thank you for your comment - I'll make a card just for you - have I got your addy ? can you email me.
Hope you are ok XX
Hope the new bed was as comfortable as it looked. Love the new dress and jacket. Your dog is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteooh the mattress looks comfy, is it memory foam? hope it helps with the sleeping.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are gorgeous, when I get that close up they all go blurry
Hope you had a wonderful sleep on your new mattress - what bliss!
ReplyDelete