Thursday, 5 August 2010

Birds & Butterflies - A fabulous Gift!

On Tuesday I moved the bird feeder to nearer the house so that I could watch the birds when sitting at my desk. I was rewarded on Wednesday after all the rain with little blue tits visiting. Bearing in mind that these photos were taken through our ahem...very rarely cleaned patio door window, you can see they are enjoying the nuts. I think I counted six on it at one time.


Now when we arrived home from the Lake District last Friday there was a parcel waiting patiently by the door. What can this be I thought? It was from Australia and I didn't think I was expecting anything from Down Under.


When I opened it up and saw this Congratulations message I remembered and was suddenly rather excited. When I signed up for the No Strings Attached Challenge I never expected there to be prizes. I was just excited to try my hand at some quilting. I was kindly given lots of fabric strings from the lovely ladies of Blogsville and the Shabby Chic Cafe and proceeded to make a string bag which travelled with me to NZ in February, March. Next I made an oven mitt for the Green Swap and finally my first ever quilt. This quilt is extra special of course as without the kindness of the above ladies I would never have made my friendship string quilt. Little did I realise this quilt would win me an absolutely fabulous prize that Stephanie of Loft Creations had organised.

My prize was a most gorgeous quilt made by Toni of Red Boots. I feel so lucky to have won such a beautifully hand crafted quilt and it will certainly be treasured - I just love it with the sunshiny colours and couldn't be more perfect for me with both flowers and butterflies!



The detail and colours are just simply gorgeous, yes I know I've already used that word, but they are. I just love love love it.

The back is just as pretty, and it has also a panel sewn on so I I can thread it threw a pole to hang. Will be perfect for brightening up the dull dark winter days we get.

From being someone who never won anything, I have won several gifts from blogland lately and feel extremely lucky and privileged to have 'met' such kind hearted, generous and talented people. From the bottom of my heart Thank you so Stephanie for organising such a wonderful Challenge and Toni for my very special Quilt.

10 comments:

  1. Wow that's some gift! Lucky you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a fantastic prize, lucky you.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is to happy it's sure to bring lots of smiles and sunshine especially on those dreary days. I'm so happy you love your gift from Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooHooo Congratulations Lorraine. That is fantastic.
    Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous is the only word to describe that quilt. Enjoy the summery feel all year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful surprise ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, you lucky duck! That quilt is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning such a beautiful prize!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a gorgeous quilt, well done on winning it, i'm quite jellyous :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blimey charlie, it's gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete