Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Blue Sky, nothing but blue sky is what I see.

What a lovely morning it was this morning...the sky was blue...and as you all know by now, that is my most favourite type of sky! Slightly chilly, but not too chilly to sit with the patio door open, drinking my tea, doing a spot of crochet and watching the birds.

Don't the apples look lovely in the tree?

View from the window.

Yesterday we were treated to another visit by the Long-tailed Tits.

Just look how many are on there!

I think these little birds have to be my most favourite.

Of course we have other slightly larger visitors as well inspecting what is on offer...


"Hmmm...anything there I fancy?"

The morning sun was shining on my pink dahlia which is slowly opening its lovely petals.



I've been busy working on my SCC Summertime swap and it is all ready for posting tomorrow.


I do hope my swap partner likes what I am sending her.

Oh now the photo below should have come earlier in this post...

My crochet is coming on well and I am enjoying the combination of colours I am using.

Had a walk down to the supermarket today to get some milk (which I forgot) and something for dinner. I picked up a few bargains along the way...



Gorgeous illustrations.

Oh and hubby also took me to the library as by the time I had come back from the shops the sciatica in my left leg was really bad....Now WHY have I got sciatica in my left leg...never had it before, (have had it in the right side on and off, but not for ages) and it doesn't seem to go away!

Anyway enough of the moaning...

Some lovely eye candy in these books and plenty of inspiration!


Oh and my new mattress is really comfy!

8 comments:

  1. So glad your new bed is comfy. Hope the left leg sciatica will soon pass. Those bird pics are stunning - you could fill a book with your lovely photos.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very envious of your blue sky. Mini was very poorly last night and we had to change all the beds (vomitting) I have been playing washing holkey cockey all day

    ReplyDelete
  3. New bed, blue skies, an awesome pink dahlia, sounds like things are great! I have never seen a pink dahlia that beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty dahlia! I do love their colour in the garden. Your apples look so lovely hanging in their tree. Makes me a bit cross that I didn't get around to getting a tree myself. So slack! Your swap parcel looks very inviting and I'm more than sure will be gratefully received. Lucky lady she is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all those birds on your feeder!

    I am envious of your blue skies, we had gale force winds and horizontal blasts of rain for most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing photo with all those long tailed tits!

    (Hope the sciatica eases)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could make a tongue twister about the long tailed tits!lol They are very cute.
    Can't wait to see your treasures unwrapped!
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The birds, the flowers and the sun, oh and your puppy, what a lovely day. Hope your pain becomes less and less each day.
    Hugs Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete