Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Stuff

The other month I spotted a lovely dishcloth pattern on Making Good Use. I started this while on holiday and finished it last night. One small error a knit stitch instead of a purl...but never mind I'm sure the dishes won't mind too much...

This cloth is already in use...thanks for the pattern Elizabeth!

This morning I fortunately woke to lovely blue skies again. Thank goodness...I don't think I could have coped with another rainy day...yesterday really seemed to knock the stuffing out of me.


Hubby and I had a lovely afternoon in St Albans...






Now I have to admit to being rather disappointed at the lack of response to my Pay It Forward post...I can understand that it is the holidays and some people are away, or don't want to commit to something...but hey, the time limit is 365 days and it only has to be a small gift...it 'is the thought that counts' not the cost! This is the second time I have taken part, and I am looking forward to sending out three handmade gifts.

Edited to say this comment wasn't intended to offend anyone...so please don't take it that way. ;-)

Anyhow I believe I have three participants, Sue, Shiloh Ayn and Sparkle, (thank you ladies) which is all that is needed and I will be contacting them shortly for their address.

9 comments:

  1. ooh I remember knitting a dishclothyears ago thanks or reminding me ! I have tried to start to crochet from your book - umm fiddly !

    Sorry not to join PIF - you know I normally would - just not taking anything on right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day out! And that dish cloth is just fantastic. I'm glad you've got three Pay it Forward people - I really enjoyed the one I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dishcloth - I'd probably keep it for best!!! Glad you had a good day out in the sunshine after your dull wet day yesterday. Glad you got 3 volunteers for the Pay it forward - I didn't sign up as have only just sent off 3 packages myself but would be willing to do it again later on.

    Jane x

    PS Adding the new page worked fine thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just back from my hols :) I shall have to hunt down a PIF so I can take part.

    Love the dishcloth :) I made a rather colourful one using the odds from the cotton I've been knitting triangle with - took it camping and it was much commented on (in a nice way!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dishcloth looks sweet.
    Sorry about the PIF I have tried one a while ago and it was a bit of a failure for me.
    Glad you have three participants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I do love these knitted dishcloths, I just couldn't use one for that. All that work and all! It sure looks beautiful though. Nice cotton too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You!!!!! I am very excited to participate in this. It must be fate this morning in the drive through my coffee was paid for by the person in front of me so I sent it forward by paying for the person behind me!! Here is my e-mail lady_cregga@hotmail.com. Can't wait to get started

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dishcloth - you can't beat ones made by hand - they last so much longer. Glad you liked the heart I sent, and I'm pleased you've got 3 PIF people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the dishcloth, very appropriate pattern. I like St Albans, I visited the museum several times when I was doing my Archaeology A'level. As requested here is my email address sue@godwin.plus.com. I'll try and put the button on my blog tomorrow.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete