A lovely but rather busy day today. The morning started at 6 am...I am doing well! I finished another dishcloth and started planning my next project. Come 7 am the conservatory was calling to me to clear it. We had the Tree Surgeons come round today to prune several trees that had grown rather too high, remove a dead tree and also an eucalyptus that was rather unstable. I don't like cutting trees, but sometimes it has to be done. We also had a couple in the front trimmed down a few feet. Of course my camera was always ready to hand.

Ladybirds were enjoying the better day.




Mr Toad!

A couple of dew drops still on the Pansy.
I think the highlight today must have been my new visitors! At first there was just a lone bird...



Then there were a couple...

I think after a few minutes there must have been about eight or nine of these birds on the feeders. I think they are Long-tailed Tits.

Oops, another Robin sneaked in...
We had to prune one of our apple trees, so that the people doing the trees could get past on the path. Fortunately the branches we had to trim didn't have particularly good apples on them and the branches, leaves and apples went straight into the guinea pig cages...

This beauty looks very yummy, I hope it stays on the tree until it is ready!
Oh and I've got a couple of 'new' jelly moulds, courtesy of the local CS. They actually had two of the larger ones, but I was disciplined and only bought the one, plus the small one of course.

I seem to have ended up with sciatica in my left leg though - never had in the left side before, nor quite like this and it has been quite sometime since I had it in my right and that was usually if I'd done lots of digging, or heavy work, which of course I'm not doing now. Oh well, perfect excuse to have a nice hot relaxing bath.
Must have been a day for gardening - I roped little son into helping me this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteYours bird pics are great - I never have my camera to hand when the feeders have visitors :(
Lovely post - those little birds look like youngsters not quite fully feathered and sleek don't they? Hope your sciatica will ease soon it's horrible I know.
ReplyDeleteJane x
I love your bird photos and the ladybird ones are great!
ReplyDeleteI see that the OU has a short course called Neighbourhood Nature
http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/s159.htm
So ... when you've done the photography course!!
I had that when I was pregnant and it was dreadful. It used to come on so quick it made me laugh. Glad those days are gone! Love your jelly molds. Wouldn't mind one of those myself. Imagine how that would look at a party? Your new friends are cute. I read yesterday that the spots on the ladybirds fade as they get older. Yours look like a young lass.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed your bath and that the arm is not giving you too much grief. I am really enjoying the visitors to your bird table .... daren't put ours too near the house because it would jut make it too easy for our Oliver .... he has even been known to take out a magpie!
ReplyDeleteLovely pics of the lady bugs.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you really are enjoying your new viewing position. Love all the bird shots.
The birds are starting to be vocal around here so I guess spring is just around the corner for us - Lots of early wake up calls from those birds. I do look forward to the return of the Swans with their new families.
Enjoy the weekend.
I hope your sciatica eases up but as long as you need to rest it.....perhaps some crafting?
ReplyDeleteLovely new visitors to your garden. love ladybirds.
I love that they are called tree surgeons... "Nurse, pass me the leaf blower immediately, I'm going in!" x
ReplyDeleteHi Lorraine, Yes, this is me the adoptee of Joe :0) It may sound silly but I did greet him with a cheery "Good Morning Joe!" this morning :0) Perhaps you understand?
ReplyDeleteYes, I am very blessed to have my dear friend Angie in NZ. She used to live in Palmy but has recently moved, I have yet to visit her ..... perhaps one day I might as NZ looks so beautiful.
Thank you for leaving your comments on my blog, we are both 20 Minuters too!
Have a happy weekend,
Val xx
love the jelly moulds, I did indeed have the eggs (scrambled) when I got home.
ReplyDeleteI have only just found your blog by chance, and so glad I did! I love your birdie pics I would love to encourage birds into my garden I love them but I have a naughty cat and that would spell disaster! I will have to watch your bird feeder now instead!
ReplyDeleteKandi x