I've done some pottering and some experimenting with patterns today from my 'Sew Pretty Christmas Homestyle' book. I made the teddy and a cone - the cone may be slightly promising but the teddy was just too..., well just not right for my liking, so I don't think I will be making him again.
So why didn't I use one when I was making this little fellow:
It would have saved the blood stains on his back...from where I pricked my finger with the needle and didn't realise I was bleeding!
This rather cute pattern I found today via Emily Pickles blog from Bit of a Whimsy Dolls which sells patterns for quite a collection of different stuffed toys, but of course it was the guinea pig that took my eye! I can see me making some more of these for friends for Christmas!
I started making a granny squares blanket some time ago, but then decided I didn't want the colours in my bedroom after all so it ground to a halt. However, on hearing my MIL saying how lovely Peanut's blanket was I thought why not finish this one as a lap blanket for her for Christmas. I hate the joining so I can see this taking quite a while - hence preparing now! Once joined I will crochet a border and it should be just right for her to use in the evenings.
On another note, I would like to thank all my readers for the lovely comments and encouragement they have been giving me - it means a lot :-)


wow, you're quick! I'm still cutting pieces out! What a cutie, well done! Kate x
ReplyDeleteIt looks really pretty - I hate ends and sewing up in general, too!
ReplyDeletePomona x
Oh I love your thimbles! Your little guy is super cute!! And you have done a ton of granny squares! It will be a lovely lap blanket!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
What a collection of thimbles! I only took to using one recently (and that only when sewing tough stuff), but I have two: one plain and one cloisonee, if that's how you spell it...
ReplyDeleteThe guinea pig is so cute! How very appropriate. I think the blanket is going to look great - it's a very clever design. Wonderful to have an almost-complete Christmas present there!
Your cushion is now looking great on my newly tidied sofa, and I have taken some proud potos for tomorrow's post.
Your stuffed toy is just darling!!!
ReplyDelete