Friday, 30 October 2009

Friday

Well as not being one to celebrate Halloween, what did I find myself making today? Something for Peanut to wear to a birthday party, with a fancy dress 'halloween' theme. He wanted to go as a dementor from Harry Potter, so armed with some black fabric I sourced from a car boot sale the other weekend I whipped up an outfit for him this morning.



He seems quite pleased with it and is expecting to win 'the best costume' competition. I've tried to explain to him that he may well not, but bless him, he thinks it is just the best!








I had physiotherapy this afternoon and on my way home popped into the CS I found a few weeks ago. (The one in which I bought my lovely pink coat). I nearly bought myself a lovely leather brown handbag, but I was wearing my 'do I REALLY need it' hat on. I think I will probably regret leaving it behind, but hey ho, I CAN make myself one afterall - maybe not leather, but definitely orginal.




However, these didn't escape my notice, and did come home with me. Okay I probably didn't NEED these either, but they are Clarks, leather and haven't been worn and a perfect fit so will be just perfect for those cold winter days. Oh yes and they are BLUE so how could I possibly not take advantage of such a bargain!


Peanut told me they were 'Awful' and 'What's Dad going to say?'


Being rather short of cardigans I spied this lovely pink number and it too is in almost unworn condition as well, so it made its way home with me as well.


Last night I wanted to do some crocheting as it has been a little while since I'd made anything and inspired by Lucy's hanging birds I thought I would give one an attempt.


Thanks to her perfectly clear and precise instructions this little bird was made last night. I can see me making more of these! Thanks Lucy!



5 comments:

  1. Nice Boots!
    And cutzy little birds are they easy to crochet?
    x Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costume has been judged 'good, pretty convincing...' by Son 2, so Peanut has another fan! (I have to tell you that, as another non-Halloween family, Son 2 was eating a disgusting jelly rat as he made this comment, so we are not unaffected either!)

    The charity shop finds are great - I'm so glad you showed us them after you mentioned them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Cardy and love your little birdie, may just need to go find that pattern for myself. Little things are just right to work on when the weather is steamy here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've bought the bag, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the costume is wonderful. He wears it with such attitude! A sure fire winner!

    ReplyDelete