Friday, 23 October 2009

DIY

I should have stayed home today, but popped out briefly in the morning as I'd promised my friend I would go and sort some fabric out for some more projects. Well it was definitely worth my while as I'd mentioned on Wednesday that I could do with a shelf on the wall above my sewing corner to store my buttons and things on, instead of the window sill on the other side of the living room. Lo and behold a shelf!

It was just what I had envisioned and even better my wonderful new friend gave it to me! This has really perked me up today. I really hope I can do justice to her generosity with my crafting.



It is to go on the wall here above the computer. Not being one to wait for DH to do anything of this sort of thing - firstly because he would probably bah humbug the idea - I hunted out the drill etc... and set to work.


Not long later after hunting down the right size screws..,


Almost full already!


Ta daa!

8 comments:

  1. What a very generous friend, they are lovely shelves and look even more lovely with all your bits on...and well done for putting it up, not sure I'm safe with a drill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh its lovely, I love those types of shelves, cant believe you got it for free too. Your crafty bits and bobs look very pretty on it too - I really like the rose print tin.
    Oh and well done you for putting it up - I tried drilling once - didn't go well LOL. I guess I am gonna be one of those people who have to wait for a man to do things LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shelf and well done you for getting the drill out .... like Laj I wouldn't trust myself with one. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a wonderful shelf. I love the style of it and it is just the perfect spot for it. You are really lucky to get such a great gift. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! it looks great!

    x V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you having a friend give you the Perfect shelf and now you get to see all your goodies while you're working. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a lovely gift! It's just perfectly crafty looking. I love the little pictures you have decorated the bottom with. It's amazing what you end up with when you are prepared to go without (being on The Challenge) isn't it?

    ReplyDelete