Sunday, 11 October 2009

The weekend & the challenge so far!

The weekend seems to have flown by in a flurry of busyness. Yesterday I left early to go to a Cavy Show - one of my favourite, although it was quite a drive, made worse on the way home by the fact a large chunk of the A1 was closed and I had to take a major detour, so didn't get home until quite late. Although my arm & shoulder was sore last night, in general it held up quite well so I was pleased and I have been fine today.

On Friday I managed to find three conkers! I think the childen must be collecting them to and from school as there are never any to be found.


On my way home from physio on Friday I called into the local Isobel Hospice Charity Shop and was delighted to find a coat. I've never had a 'posh' winter coat before so couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw this.


Isn't it lovely? I am thrilled with this, not the colour I'd usually go for, but it is a lovely dusky pink and with a nice brooch and a scarf it will be lovely to wear in the winter. I would never have been able to afford this new - not that I'd be able to buy it new now I've undertaken the 'ultimate challenge'. So how much did this beauty set me back? A mere £6! So I was very happy, especially not the colder nights and days are drawing in.

I made myself a little blue crochet flower brooch on Friday night after making one for a friend and took delight in wearing it both on Friday and Saturday.

Friday also saw me dropping eight bags, 4 cosmetic/bits & bobs purses and some lavender hearts into the shop for the fair in Sunday - hopefully they have done well.
I collected some more fabric and notions and have lots of plans going on in my head and on paper.


Just a few vintage buttons that have taken my fancy.


Crochet flowers to make into brooches.

5 comments:

  1. That is a great coat! I love the things you've made, too - the fabrics are marvelous. We collected conkers at the beginning of the season, but as we're normally on bikes, not on foot, when we go past the tree, we don't have many more than you!

    Thanks for the update on your thrifty, crafting life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crochet brooches - they are really pretty! There have been lots of conkers round here - and Princess B brings them home by the pocketful. The coat was a real find - I can't believe the price!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are a busy one! Your bags are lovely! Your coat is a treasure for sure! I'm inspired to go and find one!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your 'posh' winter coat and conkers though we too have noticed there are not so many around this year - conkers that is!!

    Have a lovely week,

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coat and the brooches and buttons. Oh, I am on a big button phase at the moment. Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete