Sitting having a cup of tea after lunch with my husband I suddenly remembered that it was the last local Saturday carboot sale for the year. I glanced at the time and realised it had been going for some time but convinced hubby to drop me and my trusty 'nana-at-the-shops' (NATS)trolley off at the carboot sale and told him I'd walk home. I was hoping to get something to display my crafts on if ever I have a stall, and for once I was duly rewarded! Perhaps it helped that it was the last outdoor sale of the season. People were packing up early as it was a bit chilly so when I saw something I'd been hunting for for the last couple of years I asked the seller if it was for sale and was told no. Well not happy with that I said are you sure? Fortunately I convinced them to sell!
In fact it was a very successfully afternoon all round. I came back laden!
My trolley full as well as the basket which was one of the bargains I managed to get. What on earth is sticking out of the basket? Believe me this wasn't the easiest to bring home, but fortunately NATS was on hand to bring it home .
A few minutes later the wooden arms and legs were reassembled, a few bags and hanging hearts placed on it and perfect! I've never seen one quite like this before and think it may be oak. To say this little beauty has left a big smile on my face is an understatement - funny the things that can give you a real lift of spirits!
I also got this cup stand which I will use to display decorations and hearts.

This super basket was on a stall that was also selling a load of material and the proceeds were going to cancer research. The basket is full of fabric, as is NATS and I have lots of black as well to make Peanut's Dementor outfit for the dressing up birthday party he is going to in a couple of weeks time. The basket will be perfect for displaying crafty items as well.


That certainly made up for our lack of bargains yesterday .... we'd have looked a right pair of plonkers with our snazzy but empty NATS. That coat stand is perfect for display and how unusual .... hope you didn't twist the sellers arm too hard ;-)
ReplyDeleteWow brilliant goodies - I absolutely love that coat stand :)
ReplyDeleteGreat buys there!
ReplyDeleteFunnily enough i'm looking for a coat stand for DD for all her bags, scarves and hats. You wouldn't think an 11 year old would have so many!
Look forward to seeing what you're making and you have great taste in films ;)
((hugs))
Beki xxx
What a great buy.they both look perfect for hanging your crafties. Well done!
ReplyDeleteWell done the coat stand is a lovely find, must've been quite a struggle getting it home though!
ReplyDeleteYvonne x
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog when I was ill...very much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteLove,Sal ;-)
Love your NATS trolley! Great finds at the carboot too X
ReplyDeleteI also found a lovely basket at my first boot sale this weekend. Love the idea for your hanging trees - very clever!
ReplyDelete