Well after yesterday and the continual rain, what a surprise this morning to wake up to a glorious sunny day. Lovely autumn weather and temperature, just perfect for going for walks. I've been for two walks today, the usual with hubby and the dogs and then one by myself to go and post a parcel off to the lovely Floss I just wish I'd got up a bit earlier - had I known what a lovely day it was! That'll teach me...
I've taken delight in taking some photos of our garden in Autumn and the array of colours starting to appear.


This is still showing wonderful contrasts between the yellow of the flowers and the blue of the sky, but you can see the seed pods starting to form.
Out the front.
The Oak tree in our street - that doesn't have acorns!


I was quite the busy little bee last night. Peanut has been invited to a Halloween Birthday party, and whilst I don't do Halloween in any way or form, he doesn't get invited to many parties so as it is just down the road from us we've said he can go. It is the 13th Birthday of a girl in his class so I have made her a bag. I do hope she likes it. Apparently I also have to make a 'Dementers' outfit - not sure how I'm going to manage that! I only sew 'pretty' LOL



What a lovely bag - I'd love one like that! I am glad that you don't do Halloween - I thought I was the only one.
ReplyDeletePomona x
What a lovely bag!
ReplyDeleteI just love this time of year!xx
wonderful photographs and gorgeous bag, what a great idea!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pics, lovely to be in the garden, have to make the most of it
ReplyDeleteWell, actually, we don't 'do' Halloween either, except that we let the boys carve a pumpkin each. Does that count?
ReplyDeleteDementors are very ragged and look (in the movie) as if they're made of black butter muslin if that helps! I should think that some nasty black lining fabric would do it well, though. That's what the bought HP costumes are made of, after all!
Anyway, exciting news - thanks so much for my parcel, in advance. TELL ME WHAT I CAN SEND YOU, PLEASE!
PS Super bag.
I see what you mean about 13 year old birthdays! I think the bag is perfect - I'm making something for her tomorrow, and was thinking a denim bag after seeing a pattern for one in Sew Hip. I love yours.
ReplyDeleteThat sure is a gorgeous bag, always good when the jeans are the wrong size! Love the Autumn photo's Spring is making its presence felt here and we are seeing some colour.
ReplyDelete