Friday, 16 October 2009

A meet up!

I was up bright and early this morning in order to get to St Albans by 10am for my meet up with SCC and blogger Lalabibaby. It was rather a cold morning and was raining when I left home so rather than my lovely warm 'new' pink coat I was wearing a waterproof which was nowhere near warm enough!

We arranged to meet outside the information centre in the town hall and as I was waiting I saw these two rather distinguished looking gentlemen and asked them if I could take a picture please. They dutifully obliged.




Of course I then completely forgot about my camera while out and that is the extent of my pictures!

We'd hoped to do have a jolly good look round the antique and charity shops but sadly they seemed rather thin on the ground and in one charity shop they had a coat similar to mine, although not as thick and nice as mine for £24.99!! So much for CS prices! We did have a couple of coffee and natter stops though, one when we first met, to warm ourselves up and another for lunch which was lovely.

I had wanted to make some little gifts to give Debbie, but unfortunately as my back and shoulders have been so bad this week I've been unable to get down to making anything so I took along a little pin cushion I'd made earlier from this bunch:




And finished a brooch for her last night. If I'd only realised though that her colour choice is more to the greens and browns! Still hopefully this is a nice little pick me up over the dreary winter.

In return Debbie gave me some lovely goodies as well. Isn't this great when we can share our love of handcrafts like this!


I've never had hearts made for me before and I really love the two I received today.

Christmassy heart, in just the perfect colours for me - blues!



A close up of the lovely gingerbreadman button.


This lovely embroidered pin cushion is really sweet as well and will be a constant companion I would imagine! Thank you so much Debbie for a lovely if rather cold day out. On my way home though I did discover a wonderful antique emporium that I'm sure would have been lovely to together - perhaps another time.


I stopped off down the road before coming home and was delighted to find this notebook to add to my collection -meets the criteria of the Ultimate Challenge and will be a useful addition.



I'm going to enjoy writing in this book.


Now for some slightly more randomness...
A lovely cross stitch cottage.

Albert Williams flower prints on my bathroom wall - collection growing! Funny how something as simple as some pictures on the wall make showering more pleasurable when you have pretties to look at.

Lastly my 'Autumn' cup and saucer as it truely feels like Autumn today!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine, thanks for the lovely comment about my shelf, ribbon through the brackets is a great idea - I might try that. Sounds like you had a lovely day with Lala and some pretty goodies have come home with you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet up with ppl....I've had some really nice meets....glad you had a fun day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to meeting up with you too...roll on Summer! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day! Looks like you had fun!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete