
It's my sister's birthday today. Sadly when I was in New Zealand she didn't really want to know me for reasons known only to herself. Both my Mum and Dad tried to talk to her, but there seems to be a block there. I find this very sad and would love to be able to share my blog with her and my parents...but sadly that is not to be. However, I would like to wish her a very happy and special 40th Birthday from far away and to remind her that, 'Being too quick to judge someone can deprive you of a great encounter and the possibility of a wonderful long-term relationship', and 'It's never too late to heal an injured relationship'.





Oh my this is so sad to read, life is far to short to have these sort of things happen. My Mum and her sister are not speaking currently and I want to shake the two of them. I am sending my love and thoughts
ReplyDeleteThat's so sad. I would be so upset if any of my girls did that. Hopefully one day she'll see what she is missing and reconnect with you. I hope she has a happy day too. Maybe she'll be reflecting on life as one probably does at this big birthday. Love to you xxx
ReplyDeleteGood for you Lorraine .... the door is open and it's up to her. True what they say about picking your friends but can't pick family. Lovely post x
ReplyDeleteThis is so sad, and I know exactly where you're coming from. One of my sisters moved to Geneva a few years ago and we have now lost touch. It would appear now that she's mixing with 'not mere millionaires but billionaires' her brother & sisters back here aren't quite good enough for her. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think of her and I miss her dearly. I so hope that things improve for you.xxx
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and your sister, today, Serenata!
ReplyDeleteThat's sad but it happens - has in our family. It can heal though but sometimes simply not meant to be. Don't beat yourself up over it.
ReplyDeleteI sent your picture today...on your sister's birthday. It's my husband's birthday today too & guess what... he's out sailing !!!! We are celebrating at the weekend.xx
You poor thing, I am thinking of you today, it's especially hard at birthdays and christmas. I know how you feel too well, ((Hugs)) to you today.
ReplyDeleteKandi x
How sad - but at least you are keeping the lines of communication open and maybe one day she will come back to you. Hope she had a happy birthday and hope too that you had a good day yourself and didn't spend too much time wishing and hoping?!
ReplyDeleteJane
Sorry about your sister, as other people have said things like this happen. I haven't spoken to my parents for 15+ years, I've tried but heyho I've got my family and that's enough for me.
ReplyDeleteI think every family has one. From the other side of the fence- I probably am 'one'. But you can't control the way others behave you just have to worry about yourself and those you love. Don't let negativity and regret take up your thoughts. Let it be -it doesn't change anything.
ReplyDeleteI have always told my kids as they grew up 'family is important' I told them friends will come and go, but your family is always there and to love each other and look after and support each other. Its ok not to agree etc. but respect that we all have different opinions about things in life and look beyond. AND just love each other for the unique people that we all are.
ReplyDeletePerhaps one day your sister will have a big realisation and will contact you.
Hugs Sandi xx