What a rotten day it has been today - drizzly and miserable all day. Just the sort of day to do nothing really. My usual Saturday activities such as getting the guinea pig supplies in the morning and the green veges in the afternoon have been completed, although not a lot else really. No that isn't entirely truthful, I haven't completely wasted my time and have made another bag.



Again fully lined with an internal pocket and detachable brooch on the outside.
Peanut has spent the day at Nanny's which meant I could have Dire Straits blaring while I did my sewing. He doesn't cope with loud noises much so it was nice for a change to blast the old eardrums while dancing and sewing - LOL that conjures up quite a picture doesn't it?
I have to report the hubby was very impressed with my DIY skills yesterday and said that he would have been proud if he'd managed to put it up on the wall like I had. He also admitted that if I'd asked him to do it he would have rubbished the idea, so it was just as well I went ahead and did it myself! It was so much easier today to reach over and grab a button jar as I was sewing.
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but we have started the half term holidays so hopefully we will get to do something together as a family. This seems to be increasingly difficult as the boys are growing older. Master 18 is very rarely home now and Peanut, well doesn't really like going out that much, but I'm sure we will think of something.
Last night we watched Seven Pounds together - very moving and thought provoking - although I think Peanut had a few problems with interpreting it. We had to have a little laugh later at his comment; 'Why did he phone the hospital before he committed suicide?' He seemed to really struggle with the fact that he couldn't phone the hospital afterwards!
We do try and watch films together in the winter time. It is nice to snuggle up altogether on the sofa, although usually it is just the three of us now as the older one is often out with his friends.
Dinner is calling - I've made Shepherds Pie - a family favourite! What are you having for dinner?
Look what Peanut brough home for me today!
Your bags are fab!
ReplyDeleteI'm a big fan of snuggling with a dvd we do it after a bath every sunday night to get ready for a week at school.
Glad you had a "peacful day" by your self! I LOVE that bag!!! Are you going to sell one?? I was also impressed with your DIY skills! I really liked it! Well done!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
Lovely bag Lorraine and the brooch finishes it off beautifully. Shepherds Pie is my favourite with baked beans .... sad thing is OH hates it so I only do it if the others are here to help me eat it. Hope you enjoyed yours. x
ReplyDeleteYoua re right what miserable day it was today. Love the bag you made - you are so clever. Lovely flowers I got bought two bunches of lilies today by nephew who is staying for the weekend :)
ReplyDeleteYour brooches just finish off your bags beautifully.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on hanging your little shelfing unit. I looks great with all the things on it.
No. 1 son is cooking Sunday lunch for us-stuffed capsicums, his favourite dish to cook.
Haven't had Shepherd pie in ages- Yum.
Have a lovely Sunday.
Marina
Homemade burgers here! Yummy. I can't stop making those bags either. They are so easy to put together aren't they? Nice flowers. I've been giving flowers from the garden away to the neighbourhood this afternoon. They are growing like weeds here! Shame I can't send you a bunch.
ReplyDeleteDire Straits...you old groover!! I remember me and nibby used to be able to sing all the words to Romeo and Juliet...even the talkie bits, hehe!
ReplyDeleteLoving the bags...how are sales going? You'll be giving Ms Kidston a run for her money soon!
Have a great weekend, x
How good to be back in touch with you again - you have been busy! I'm struggling with my new AZERTY keyboard here (yes, new, but Ben bought it!) Your DIY skills stun and ashame me, and I love those tweedy brooches.
ReplyDelete