I think I have an addiction problem.
After finding my first couple of conkers the other week I thought I must be too late and had missed the conkers. Well imagine my surprise this week when walking the dogs with hubby that I found more.... and not just a few.
These few I gathered today - I wasn't wearing a coat so only had the pockets in my jeans, so couldn't collect many...
Now where was I, oh yes my addiction...um...collection has grown significantly. It is now causing so many stops on the walk that even the dogs are losing patience. And believe me they do like to stop at every tree if they were given the opportunity. Now where was I? Oh yes, my addiction has grown so much so that when I saw these:

Lovely green bowl...

and brown autuminal bowl...
For £1 each in the local CS. I thought - aha! Perfect for...

Displaying my vast collection of conkers! :-)
So Dear Aunt Agatha (Does anyone besides me remember Agony Aunt Agatha?), do I have a problem?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been a lovely day today and although not much blue sky the temperature has been around 18 degrees celcius, so very warm for late October.
We have been racking and 'vacuuming' up leaves today...
The leaves have been turning yellow and then brown and dropping from the trees.
Isn't it just so pretty?!







'Ah' the conker addiction and perfect for keeping those pesky autumnal spiders away.
ReplyDeleteNina x
LOL, its not just me then who collects conkers while out with the dogs. Don't they look lovely when you first find them.
ReplyDeleteBTW I've been over to your doll site and am very impressed. A 60's Sindy and is that a Trendy Girl?
Love to see more photos and maybe a guestbook so that I can wave at you from it :-)
Lovely, lovely conkers! How could a Girl have too many!!!!
ReplyDeletex Vicky x