I've had a busy couple of days but have ground to rather a halt today as I woke with a sore throat during the night and think I have succumbed to the dreaded lurgy as rather a lot of my students have been ill the last couple of weeks. I had hoped to avoid it, but with instrumental teaching and hence a lot of 'blowing' ahem... breathing going on, one does tend to be in the firing line so to speak. I'm starting to feel heavy headed and achy as well so I have started to tidy up in case tomorrow is a right off. I also need to tidy up as we are having a visitor tomorrow as well and I don't want to give the wrong impression now do I?
So while the weather has been good today I thought I would pop outside to take some photos of my latest makes.
My heart hanger and some lavender hearts. Yes I know you have probably seen these ones, but not in an outdoor setting!
A heart basket I picked up from a charity shop today - perfect for displaying the hearts.
Some cosmetic purses finished last night.
A floral shopping bag
Detail of an applique flower on the front pocket.









I just love the green woollen fabric, it's made up into a very nice bag. Very nice brooches too! You have been such a busy bee it's no wonder you are now sick. Have a nice rest and recover.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks really lovely - hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeletePomona x
These all are great; and I particularly liked the autumn brooch. Good work!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat work ...love the autumn brooch too and the bag. Get well soon.
ReplyDeleteThankyou Lorraine, glad you liked the CK post :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how busy and crafty you've been - your makes look fantastic, I love the new brooches too.
Have a lovely weekend xxx
What a fab selection of things! I love the Autumn brooch, that Tweed is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLove Vanessa xxx
I'm loving the green bag and autumn brooch too! Lovely work!
ReplyDeleteI love your tweed vintage makey bag and flower - they are fantastic and very autumnal.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon, being ill is the pits!
Have a lovely day and weekend,
Nina x
Hi Serenata,
ReplyDeletei saw your post today at Denise's (a bun can dance) and you mentioned you had our first book Sew Fabulous Fabric and liked it... so i popped over to say hello. i am so pleased to see some of your wonderful creations and your own twists to the ones from the book too... i love the colours in your Autumnal brooch and the bags are lovely.
I wanted to let you know that i am doing a giveaway of my new book Home Sweet Sewn on my blog .. please pop over and say hi. i have also started a flickr group for the new book Home Sweet Sewn and would like to do one for the first book too... if you would like to add some of the projects inspired by Sew Fabulous Fabric please do... i will be adding details of how to on my blog soon,
warmest november wishes
ginny
sweetmyrtle at typepad dot com