Lately my posts seem to be very taken up by my recent projects. Partly I guess because of the fair looming, as that seems to be very much at the forefront of my mind. It has been many many years since I have had a craft stall, and then my 'makes' where of a different sort entirely, so this is a new venture for me.
Having something to focus on has also been good for me in terms of getting on with things and not getting too upset about still not being able to play my beloved clarinet. Of course I am still hopeful, but it is obviously going to take a lot longer than I had ever expected.
Having something to focus on has also been good for me in terms of getting on with things and not getting too upset about still not being able to play my beloved clarinet. Of course I am still hopeful, but it is obviously going to take a lot longer than I had ever expected.

I have been given this little old table for displaying some of my wares on. I thought I would give it a 'wee shabbying up' - I should be able to manage that hopefully, although this was as far as it got today. The front porch!
I'm still feeing rather under the weather - this cold/virus lurgy seems to be dragging on and on. With it being rather overcast and damp today, it definitely called for inside activities. I have been quietly making away while Peanut has been 'Incredible Hulking' and 'Need for Speeding' on the playstation.

I've made some needlecases and matching pincushions, which I need to stuff and hand sew up this evening. I have some more lavender apples to stuff and sew up as well.
I've always fancied trying my hand at making a fabric bucket, having received one in a Polka Dot swap I did a while back. Luckily I had a magazine - 'Sew' September issue, which had a pattern for one. I did adapt it slightly.

Peanut was impressed with this and suggested I make some to put Christmas pressies in.

Of course this would require me getting some Christmas fabric - can I justify this on the Utmost Challenge? If I am making them for specific purpose then, yes I guess I can. To be honest I could do with some Christmas fabric for my stall at the fairs I am doing.
A few other makes today have included a felted brooch, a cushion and a jolly mess in the living room!
Yesterday evening, prompted by feeling a bit cold, I made some hot water bottle covers.

This one is hubby's favourite.


You know, I don't feel you've been regailing us with your sufferings, as you're implying here! However, you have some really super stuff to show us today - how I would love to vist your stall at the fair!
ReplyDeleteGo Girl! You are going to have some great 'makes' for your little stall. I like the little brooch. My old Singer doesn't do zig zag, it does limit what i am able to do - it looks great on the brooch, it means you can use lovely woolly weaves! They will make great Christmas pressies, lets hope you get lots of people comming to the fair.
ReplyDeleteX Vicky x
Oh My! I have fallen in love with the pinwheel brooch...it's gorgeous Lorraine. Have you thought about an Etsy shop...I put my hand up right now and say I'd be first in the brooch queue, x
ReplyDeleteI like the table and your makes! If you have a wool plaid purse left over I'd be interested. Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
Oh I love to see what everyone else is making. And yes of course you can go and buy fabric for Christmas! I have because it's a necessity in life. Love what you have been making and I think you are very clever putting press studs on the needle cases - very smart. Also love that table, colour and all.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see all of your goodies, especially your bucket - cool. Christmas now there's a very good reason for a few more buckets. Love your Hot Water bottle covers.
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing, I feel for you, having just got over a cold that knocked me for six, I know just how miserable it is. Don't do too much, that's the only thing I'd say. What a wonderful lot of things you've made! I especially like that bucket, gorgeous! Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)
ReplyDeleteBlimey Lorraine your machine must be red hot .... you have been busy. How are you getting on with the felting? I'm not feeling so pressured now I've decided not to do the fair and I've been finishing off some WIP. Good luck with your fair and don't forget to let us know when and where it is. x
ReplyDeleteAh-Ha! This is where you've been hiding. I have been checking the other blog for news about your oldest and to see how your arm is but you've not updated. Then I remembered this blog!
ReplyDeleteI see you've been very busy with sewing. Well done. You've made some very pretty things!
Now that hot water bottle cover looks so cosy! No wonder your OH likes it so much. You are busy with all this sewing and creativity - I'm envious of your abilities and inspration.
ReplyDelete