The other week Floss mentioned on her blog that her son needed a guitar tuner, and although she had found some - they were 'new'. I remembered I had a spare tuner 'hanging around' somewhere and promptly emailed to let her know that I would be happy to send it over to her as to me this very much fulfills part of the 'Utmost Challenge' in a special way. As I'd also just offered to make her a cushion cover as she had admired the one I made for Peanut's 13th Birthday it was the perfect opportunity to add the tuner to the parcel I was sending. What was even better was that I found it straight away! How's that for being organized?!

Now why didn't I iron this before I took photos? Shameful!

Unfortunately I didn't have any sail boat buttons left as I only had the two I put on the other cushion, but I did have a couple of lovely pale blue buttons that reminded me of the sea.Floss had also admired the bags I had made, especially the blue one, and whilst I couldn't send her that one, I did have just enough material to make a special one for her.

Combination of blues in the panel on the back.

As an extra little gift I also made her a blue brooch.

I'm hoping I'm correct in that she shares my love of the colour blue! Especially as I just inundated her with 'blues'!
I think blogging is a wonderful way to make new friendships and although I have been blogging privately since January 2007 I've never had a public blog until I started this one earlier this year and it has completely opened up a new world for me. This has been especially important to me this year partly due to my musical life coming to an abrupt standstill. Yes I am still teaching, but after playing each Monday and Tuesday, albeit for very short intervals with my students, I tend to suffer the consequences afterwards.
I am meeting my first blogging friend on Friday and am really looking forward to it. Next year when I go to New Zealand to visit my Mum and Dad (who has recently had to have radiotherapy treatment for prostate cancer) I hope to also visit Jus who lives very near where I grew up as a child. Who knows who else I might have the privilege to meet one day?
Today it is rather overcast and I've been feeling rather 'flat' today. It was a real struggle to get out of bed this morning and the minute I did the pins and needles started in my neck/shoulder. It is particularly bad at the moment and is driving me to distraction. Perhaps I've just overdone things. However, needs must and I had to get up to get to the SEN review meeting for our son at his school this morning. It was a very good meeting though and we are very pleased with his attitude and the progress he is making, although his organisational skills are something to be desired and he needs to remember to actually hand his homework in once he has done it!
Anyway there is nothing better than receiving a lovely gift from one of those special blogging friends I've made. I did say to Floss I didn't expect anything in return as the pleasure was in the making and giving, but she insisted. So look what arrived today.

A lovely card, with some mother of pearl buttons attached on the other side - thank you for these - they will certainly be used in one crafty way or another!
Floss was very generous in sending me one of the two embroidered nightie that she bought the other week. Thank you so much for this, it will be treasured and having my first initial it is off course perfect!
Gorgeous crochet edges around the sleeves.
I popped out today to see how my bags etc... did at the fair the other day. Unfortunately none sold. I do think that perhaps the price is a little high, but it is difficult to get the price right, especially when you are having to make enough for two parties, but as it is early days yet it is worth persevering. They are being taken to another fair tomorrow where hopefully they will do better.
I treated myself to a cup of tea and a custard pastry while out and popped into the local charity shops. I'm starting to feel slightly guilty at even looking in charity shops now I am on the Utmost Challenge but I am allowed to purchase secondhand and am hopefully contributing to those in need. It is however making me think much more about what is just a whim and what is much more useful.
However, although we don't 'need' pillowcases as such, these were too good to pass up.

I would imagine they were a wedding present or something that was never used. I think they are gorgeous and they will be used on our bed, that is for sure.
I've shown them to my husband and he thinks they are lovely as well.
I've been wearing my lovely pink coat the last few days and am thrilled with it. Definitely a worthwhile purchase. In the winter I am very much a hat a scarf wearer as well - I really don't enjoy being cold so do like to wrap up warm.
This pink scarf is lovely and goes very well (in my opinion) with my coat. It is so soft and I think will be lovely to wear.
I also spotted a blue one, and as readers may be starting to be aware, I do like blue. I think this also goes well with my coat. At £1 each in one of the CS, I thought I could also get away with these purchases.

I have just seen your things on Floss's blog as well - you are so clever - they are all really beautiful! I am sure that they will sell well in the end - sometimes I think is just a question of finding the right outlet. It is also important not to under-price yourself - there are people out there who appreciate the work involved in handmade, it is just a matter of finding them.
ReplyDeleteThey are lovely things from Floss, too - it proves what I have always believed, that if you give out blessings, you receive them as well!
Hope your shoulder improves - I know how frustrating it can be.
Pomona x
What a great post! I'm so glad you are blogging! You have so much to share. Your finds are just great! And I do love your coat!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
Well turned out to be a very nice swap! You both gave such lovely gifts, so special. I see you made a jeans bag too!! Aren't they addictive? So easy and so neat.
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful things to give and receive - The Land of Blog is a truly wonderful place.
ReplyDeleteI hope you shoulder gets better and...
...have a lovely day,
Nina x
ps. give Jus a hug from me. Nxx
What a happy post, full of lovely finds and gifts...ppl are so lovely!xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely parcel of little surprises for Floss.... and what lovely treats for you!
ReplyDeletehang on i there with the bags... one day something will 'give' and you will have trouble keeping up with the demands!
Hope your shoulder feels better soon xxxx
How exciting that you are coming over here! We live in Auckland East, Howick/Botany way. I'd love to catch up with you if it suits. Tell Floss to give you my email addy and we can talk. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm a blue addict too. Such thoughtful and lovely things to send to Floss.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry too much about the fair, even though it does knock you a bit, you need to step back and think were the right sort of buyers there. I've done fairs in the past where I've sold nothing, come home despondent that no one gets my work and then later on realised I needed to b emore particular where I sold. Since then it works, Good luck with it.
Lisa x
Oh, I'm glad that everything has arrived! The things you have sent are giving us so much pleasure!
ReplyDelete