Monday, 6 April 2009

Blue Monday


It's going to be another lovely day today and this is my second Blue Monday 'Blue Monday' hosted by Sally at Smiling Sally.


Today I am going to show you a couple of my rings. I'm not a real fan for wearing rings, not because I don't like them - I do - but because as a clarinettist I find they get in the way when I am playing. I do have a couple of special rings though. One my husband bought for me on our 10th Wedding Anniversary. It was a real surprise and is beautiful and I treasure it. It has 10 stones to represent each year, 4 sapphires (heres my blue!) and 6 diamonds.





The second ring is this delightful ring that I inherited. I have no idea how old it is, or even who it belonged to, but I do know that it is a perfect fit and I LOVE it.





Of course my Blue Monday can't be complete without a blue teapot. I'm not sure whether I will ever use this one, although that is usually the criteria of my teapot collection, that I can use the teapot. I certainly won't let my family loose on it!

This was an ebay find and this is what the description said:

This is a superbly decoarted and most unusal blue and white Willow pattern tea kettle which bears the impressed mark for the Copeland factory to the base and dates to around 1881. It also has an unusual embossed design of wheat sheaves to the handle, measure around 6.25" high and is in excellent condition free from chips, cracks, crazing or restoration.

I really like it AND it has the the little holes inside to stop the water coming out too fast!





Well that is it for today, although if you read yesterday's post you will see that I finished my round blue crochet cushion which has joined the other blue cushions on my bed. Now it is time for a cup of tea before I get on with the rest of the day and all it entails. Don't forget to visit Sallys blog to view the treasures of other Blue Monday participants!

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you have lovely items there! Thanks for sharing them. I always enjoy seeing other pretty collections. Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just completely lovely!

    Your header is so striking. Happy Blue Monday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rings are quite lovely and the teapot is a good one to add to any collection. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rings are lovely, but I want that teapot!

    Tabbikat's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love------jewelry,but i'm just not much of a jewelry wearer.But i adore your teapot.It is so sweet and feminine...ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now these are blue items that I can completely wrap my mind around. Love your rings! I also like the teapot very much, but those rings are very pretty!
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sapphire is my birthstone, so I adore sapphire jewelry! Very pretty!

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! I don't know which one I like the most! But I am a tea lover....(grin)
    Happy Blue Monday!
    Hugs,
    Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill Studio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely rings and I also really like your teapot. Happy Blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely rings. I especially like your teapot! Happy Blue Monday!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am both a jewelry lover - especially rings - and a collector of teapots. Your rings are gorgeous. Happy Blue Monday!
    Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rings are just gorgeous and little teapot is wonderful. Happy blues and have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late, it's more like Blue Tuesday with me! I love that ring from your FIL!

    ReplyDelete