This morning I phoned the fabric shop that I went to on Thursday to make sure they were open - they were. So off I set in my trusty toyota to Fashion & Fabrics . This shop is a treasure trove of fabric, wool and accessories and it is very easy to spend a small fortune in there if you are not careful and get carried away like I did! I'm not bold enough to ask to take photos in a shop yet, so borrowed them off their website. I hope they don't mind, but it is good advertising for such a great shop.




This is my stash, including the trinkets I bought for a £1 each at the garden centre yesterday.





I also managed to get some sewing machine oil and treated my machine to a very quick service - a squirt of oil here and there - surprising what a difference it makes. I then set to work and made a couple of items.
A crochet hook roll.


And an ad hock Tea Cosey.
I'm hoping to finish my sampler cushion tonight and also convince hubby of the need (or rather want) of a dresser that I have found very cheap in our area. Of course it doesn't quite fit in the space I want it for so I will also have to convince him it will fit somewhere. That way I will have somewhere to store my sewing machines and china.
No comments:
Post a Comment