Oh I couldn't believe my luck today when on a mundane trip to Staples to get my older son some more paper we stopped in a shopping park that had a Hobbycraft! I would have been happy to have been left in there for hours, but instead had three impatient males hovering round. I almost managed to get through the tills without them seeing just quite how much I'd spent on fabric, but unfortunately not quite so I was caught in the act! I bought six metres of fabric and four metres each of lace for my knitted coathangers. I would have liked to have bought some wool as well, but I didn't dare today, I'll have to leave that for another day when I can go on my own!
I wasn't looking for fabric, I just wanted to have a look.... but then I saw this exquisite fabric, and well, being a music fanatic, how could I turn away from this? Especially as it also featured my instrument, flowers and butterflies.



Yes clarinets! AND Historical ones at that. I dare anyone to say otherwise. Shame they have the mouthpiece on sideways LOL

Isn't the material just gorgeous?
What am I going to make with it? No idea yet, that will take perfect planning, but I know I'll come up with something.
I was also able to get some cushion inners which are better than the ones I sourced from eBay, but rather more than I wanted to pay, so was only allowed to get four. Does anyone know of a good place to get inners for cushions that stay plump for more than half an hour?!

I'm with you on the male thing in the fabric store, my boys do a lot of sighing in shops like that lol!
ReplyDeleteoh and the fabric inner thing I have no idea, it really irritates me when those cheap ones kinda fall apart and go all lumpy, I *think but I am not totally sure that IKEA might do a good price feather inner
thanks for popping by the BeachCottage
happy days
Sarah
Know that feeling...luckily my local fabric/craft emporium (that's really what it's called, I'm not being pretentious)is next door to a skate park and basketball hoop. I firmly believe that the Browns Bay town planners were all members of the local Women's Institute...Genius!
ReplyDelete