I finished my cushion and I must say I am very pleased with it, I just wish I could find better quality inners as they are a bit thin.
On another note I've been struggling with my faith for some time which resulted in rather a major climax a while back, however I now feel much more at ease at where I am at the moment. I have a lovely old leather bound poetry book published sometime before 1903 called The Poetical Works of Eliza Cook and I think her poem God Hath a Voice is a nice way to finish this post as the birds are singing in the garden and we think about what today means for us.
God hath a voice that ever is heard
In the peal of the thunder, the chirp of the bird;
It comes in the torrent, all rapid and strong;
In the streamlet's soft gush as it ripples along;
It breathes in the zephyr, just kissing the bloom;
It lives in the rush of the sweeping simoom;
Let the hurricane whistle, or warblers rejoice:
What do they tell thee but God hath a voice?
God hath a presence, and that ye may see
In the fold of the flower, the leaf of the tree;
In the sun of the noonday, the star of the night;
In the storm-cloud of darkness, the rainbow of light;
In the waves of the ocean, the furrows of land;
In the mountains of granite, the atom of sand;
Turn where ye may, from the sky to the sod,
Where can ye gaze that ye see not a God?





Dippy eggs and soldiers...a breakfast favourite here! How's the dresser manoeuvres going?
ReplyDeleteLOL, not very well - a strong no you can't have one :-( Still I will keep working on it.
ReplyDeleteExcellent work, your cushion looks so nice, I saw your earlier post with the picture, absolutely lovely, very well done. I might like to do a cushion too, you inspired me. Have a good week, Lori xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you Lori, I am really pleased with this one. Let me know if you do a cushion!
ReplyDelete