Wednesday, 8 April 2009

You know you've got it bad....

You know you've got it bad when you go down the road to bank a cheque and do everything BUT bank that cheque! Naturally on my way to the bank I just had to pop into the charity shops. I found this little lemon squeezer for 49p. I do like these and have one other which is bigger so this will be ideal for those smaller lemons.


After doing the round of charity shops, did I pop into the bank, well no my dizzy self completely forgot the real reason I went down to the town centre. Instead I made my way back to Sainsburys and got some shopping including some yummys for lunch. It was only on the way home that I remembered about the cheque. Oh well, there is always another day. We had a very nice lunch outside though. Freshly baked bread rolls, ham, salad and some fruit tarts.

This morning I have been reasonably focussed with getting those more mundane things done on my list, like vacuuming and tidying the hallway and lounge/living room. I've hung a tapestry picture in the hallway and I was also able to make up my little Easter display. The boys are older now so they just think me rather odd, but hey it brings a smile to my face!





While still working on the living room, I sorted through my crochet squares. Not too many to do now before the mammoth task of joining them all together. I think that part is going to take the longest!


This magazine rack was hiding in my FIL's garage - perfect for beside my chair!



Ahh... that is better, full of my favourite magazines and books.


Some more flowers to brighten the entrance.


My latest project! When I was looking through the magazines in the newsagents the other day I came across the 'crochet today' magazine. I saw a pattern in it of a cushion I liked. I didn't buy the magazine, but after thinking about it for a few days decided to go back today and buy it. So watch this space as I'm going to start this tonight once I have sorted out the colours I want to use.

5 comments:

  1. Love your easter display. I so do understand about getting side tracked at the thrift shope and goodwill. Then on the way back I often remember the real reason for going out in the first place. Seems we all have the same problem. lol Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Bay Prison...Gosh you poor things!!!

    I'm just about to start icing Easter egg cookies for my display and it's becoming very clear that I'm definitely getting as much (if not more)enjoyment out of it all than three laid back teenagers. I have a feeling I'll be alone with my bunny ears this Sunday morning whilst the kids enjoy a lie in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Easter Display.

    Thanks for popping into my blog. How does the EDS affect your son ?

    Sara
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck joining all those crochet squares. I tried crocheting mine together but gave up. I've been sewing them instead; much easier. I'll post some pics soon.
    I see you've made an 'Attic24' bag, looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is why mine are still all in the bag and I've started other things!

    ReplyDelete