Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Cherry Tree Haven

I know you've already seen pictures of my Cherry Tree, but it really is something at this time of year and I just love its vibrant soft pink (can you have vibrant and soft describing the same thing?) set against the wonderful blue sky we had again today.

I was at work for most of the morning, and was able to spend an hour on one of my latest crochet projects (whoops, yes I have MORE than one on the go at the moment). Once home though was still able to enjoy the weather the rest of the day. I tried out my new 'nana-at-the-shops' bag, (duely named by Jus - thanks ;-) when we walked down to the town centre to do some banking, even hubby gave it a try out! My MIL saw us while we were out and was so taken with it she went out and bought one herself! Oh no it is contagious...


We sat in the garden with a cup of tea watching the guinea pigs enjoying the fresh grass after a winter without. Yes if you look carefully in the picture above you will see I am cultivating dandelions for the guinea pigs!

The beauty of the trees and the day was just what I needed to restore myself after discovering that teaching inflames my arm to pretty much the same pain level I was getting before my TOS surgery in December. This surprised me as I knew playing was still an issue so I purposely didn't take my instruments. Still never mind, there is nothing like sitting outside and taking in the beauty to take your mind off something, even if only for a moment or two.


Just look at that lovely contrast - really inspiring, it is moments like this that I was I could draw and paint.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous :o) I love cherry blossom, yours are spectacular!
    x
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I have a dandelion patch for the g.ps too :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What have you started...I went to book club last night and there, resplendent in its nana-ness was a trolley bag. Apparently, after I mentioned yours to a friend she thought it a great idea and went and bought one for our travelling library. Not as pretty as yours, but still great fun. Today, nana-at-the-shops. Tomorrow, world domination!

    ReplyDelete