I'm still in my 'I can't quite cope' mood at the moment. Not quite down, but not up either. Probably isn't helping that it is the school holidays, that I used to love when the boys were younger, but now view with mixed feelings, especially as they are not helping at all and are how shall we put it...? Well...bone idle! I mean why put something away when you can leave it on the side?! I've also had a couple of sad events with my cavies so also feeling upset about that.
Anyway, after having to leap out of the shower, dripping wet with a towel wrapped round me because the door bell rang not once, but twice because the postman had a signed delivery to answer it, I was not happy. The poor postman had quite a shock, ranting, deranged dripping wet woman yelling at said son who was about four foot away from the door - on the computer - and couldn't be bothered to answer it, I mean who wouldn't be annoyed? I guess it is our fault really though as we have in the past told him not to open the door, and yes I know he has ASD, but he is nearly 13 now so could use a bit of discretion one would have thought.
So what better way to cheer myself up but to go out for a drive. I went to find this lovely fabric and wool shop that I remembered from a few years ago. I found it, but unfortunately it closed about an hour and a half before I arrived. Still at least I know where it is now, and peeking through the window what a lot of delights it holds. Hmmm I wonder if it will be open on Saturday.
On my way back I just happened to drop into Borders...carrot cake, a large mug of tea and some books to browse was just the solution. I was rather naughty though as I bought myself another two magazines (I've never bought magazines until recently) Country Homes & Interiors and Period Living. I say naughty as I have recently subscribed for Country Living and it arrived this morning, so I wasn't exactly magazine deprived.
While in Borders I couldn't resist this crochet book.... well it has a guinea pig in it and a rabbit. I tried making a bunny from a pattern on the internet, but it turned out a complete disaster. I'm making a rabbit for my friend who does Rabbit Rescue work.

This book Compendium of Crochet Techniques is also very good and I have been borrowning it from the library for several weeks now. It is quite cheap on Amazon so my lovely husband bought it for me. Sh.... don't tell him I bought the above book today though.

Yesterday I managed to clear my table. While doing so I thought I would take some photos of the tins with assorted sewing bits and pieces that I collected from my FIL's. It is a right little treasure trove.



Tomorrow is my Coffee/Tea, Cake and Crochet morning with a friend who is interested in doing some crochet. While reading my new Country Living magazine I noticed there was a nice Lemon Cupcakes recipe. Perfect for tomorrow.

Freshly baked, just have to get up early tomorrow morning to ice them and to 'pretty' up the table. They are very nice as well. Now come on, of course I had to try a couple to make sure they are edible!

Lord, isn't it just boys everywhere?? I came screaming out the bedroom this morning, half dressed, to find both lads lying under blankets just yards from a phone which apparently they hadn't noticed ringing! It stopped as I got there (doesn't that always happen?)and NZ doesn't have recall yet. Boys, humph!
ReplyDeleteoh yes, tell me about it LOL I've got 18 year old twins, a boy and a girl, and they're as bad as each other to be honest, just in different ways *sigh* They've had to do more since my back "went" again at Christmas but now that I'm getting about a bit better, they are slipping back faster than I'm bloomin well recovering!
ReplyDelete