Getting the table ready for the tea and cake.

My beaded square. I had to have several attemps at this before I got the right size beads.
My husband surprised us by taking us out for lunch to our favourite garden centre and its lovely cafe. I had Jacket Potato with cheese and salad, hubby had the same but with tuna, older son had tuna bake and younger son had toasted sausage sandwiches. Oh and I also had the lemon meringue pie. Yummy. Naturally I took my crochet bag and did some crocheting while waiting for our meal to come much to my familys horror. But I'm glad I did as I was also then able to do some while we were visiting my MIL which we decided to do on the way home. Oh and we were served with more cake and tea while we were there - what a perfect day!

Instead of Easter eggs this year we bought the boys a cactus each. Older son decided he wanted more than one and so bought some extras and a couple of pots to put them in. He figures that as he doesn't have to water them very often he might be able to keep them alive! I picked some craft supplies and some flowers - more of which tomorrow.
Potting his new cactus. I will ignore the fact that he is doing it on my kitchen table WITH one of our desert spoons!
We are going to finish the day watching a film together. What did you do today?
What a great idea...a cactus for Easter! I won the auction so now I've got two desk restoration projects on the go. I feel a painty day coming on...
ReplyDelete