Everyone seems to be doing it - making Union Jack cushions so I thought I'd try making one as well. I still had some left over material from when I made some cushions the other week. For the main stripes I used some of my new fabric bought recently.

I made the back envelope style and made a bias type edging.

While in a sewing mood I also managed to get another project started and finished. This time it is a cushion made with ties. I first saw this idea on Pams blog here and here in memory of her father and his collection of ties. I've made this cushion for my husband with some of his father's ties. It has worked out nicely - I just wish I had some cushion inners that were nice and plump and big enough!

On my way home from work today I had to stop off at the shops and found this lovely little rose tin in the charity shop for 49p. I think I will keep buttons in it.



Yesterday our lovely sheltie did something very yucky - puked on our bed! He shouldn't have been up on the bed, and why he couldn't have got down to throw up is anyone's guess. So off the sheets and duvet etc... came. Still it was a good excuse to use my new stripy pillowcases!

Oh and I've found a place for the four photo boxes that were sitting in our kitchen! No longer are they there. It is amazing how naming and shaming yourself kick starts you into action. They are now on top of a book case in my younger son's room.


I never heard of a Union Jack pillow but I do love how yours turned out! I wish I could sew...I would make thousands of pillows!
ReplyDeleteI like the blue box too, so many things it can hold or just sit there and look pretty!
I have read The Kite Flyer but haven't gotten to the 2nd and really want to. Need to plow through my stack to get to it soon!!
Happy Blue Monday! :-D
xoxo
Jane
Good choice missus... A Thousand Spendid Suns is a fantastic book. I actually preferred it to the Kiterunner. I love your cushion! Are Union Jack things very popular in the UK then? I'm crazy about bunting, another very English thing that hasn't really caught on here. x
ReplyDeleteI think your cushion is the nicest I've seen, really neat job.
ReplyDeletex
Sumea