Monday, 27 July 2009

Acheivement and another bag

Well yesterday I set myself some goals to achieve today and I'm pleased to say I am almost there. What I didn't take into account in my list was that in order to tidy the lounge I had to do the ironing - and what an ironing pile it was. The men in my house wear far too many clothes! Still school shirts etc... are all ready now for September.
My list for today was:

Finishing the lounge - reorganising, tidying, vacuuming, dusting. Almost done, just the dusting to do. After nearly three hours ironing I need a bit of a recharge of the batteries.

Sew badges on teenage boy's shirts ready for his trip to Swaziland on Wednesday. Done!


Water plants on porch - long overdue! Plants no longer thirsty.

Take the 8 bags of sorted clothing to the charity shops. In car boot ready to go, will probably have to be tomorrow now as too late for the charity shops.

Something that wasn't on my list but that I started on last night was a new bag, which I completed this morning.



This pattern is from Alicia Paulson of Posy Gets Cosy. She has a lovely blog and makes some really beautiful things. I have added my own touches to this pattern to make it my own, but am very pleased with it. Nice and easy to follow.

We've got a scout barbecue to go to this evening for the scouts going to Swaziland on Wednesday. Master 18 is pretty much all ready armed with first aid kit, mosquito killers, mosquito nets etc... and antiseptic hand wipes and more. Not sure he is going to have room in his bag for clothes! I've still got to make a couple of little light weight gifts for him to take with him as hospitality presents. I was thinking along the lines of a couple of bags and needle work kits - better get my act into gear, only got tomorrow to get the things together!

3 comments:

  1. what a lovely bag and I love the shade of pink ....really lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bag is lovely, I really love the main print fabric.

    I'm worn out just reading all you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are getting your chores out of the way. What a gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete