Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Loft clearing and reminiscing

The lounge looks like a bomb has hit it, but I am making progress. We are trying to sort out our loft - over the last 10 years we have piled boxes, bags, etc... into it so now it is time to actually clear it and properly sort and itemize items we want to keep. Trouble is I am sooo sentimental it can be ridiculous, fortunately though I am in a 'ruthless' mood at the moment so out go loads and loads of toys and clothes. So far the car is loaded up with about 8 bags of clothing for the charity shop and I have two bags of toys and about four boxes of books. Still can't move in our lounge though, but I need a break so thought I would blog about some CS finds and some loft finds.

Honeysuckle Rose double duvet cover and valence which will go on the double bed at my FIL's house to brighten the room up, ready to put on the market.


A teapot


And a whole roll of fabric -taken off the roll in order to make it easier to cart home in my 'nana-at-the-shops' bag.

Going through some of the boxes in the loft I found some of the items of clothing I made my older son (now 18) when he was a tot. The fabric shop in Orewa, New Zealand used to have such wonderful colourful fabrics, with such a wide selection of choice. I loved it. I wonder whether they are still there?

Colourful cotton shirt and trousers.


A sweatshirt jumpsuit with applique clown & balloons.




One of my greatest achievements I think was making this lovely activity book for him for his first birthday in 1992.






He used to love playing with this book.


9 comments:

  1. Oh it is such fun to go through and see all the things you kept! It really makes it hard to get rid of things with all the memories!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if this will work but I'm having probs posting and opening your blog.I'm still here and reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely memories, the book is so lovely...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just the same, i have a loft full of stuff that when i die, my kids will have to hire skips to get rid of it all, i have all there school books and drawings everything, i still save the notes they leave me. :-) [even the ones that say "Dad Phoned" how sad am i!
    I love the colours of the material you used for the clothes lovely.

    Love and hugs honey. X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitchery and I love the book.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your loft sounds just like mine, I did start dejunking it but then got pregnant again. So I've now ended up with even more stuff up there.
    Love your applique book.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've made some lovely things for your son when he was younger!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kia Ora,
    Just returned from a little trip so have been slow to catch up, but I'm glad to see you received your parcel. Enjoy! jusx

    ReplyDelete