Not being one to keep up with the news it was a surprise today when hubby and I popped out this afternoon to discover Borders was closing down with 50% off everything. Have to admit I got a wee bit carried away and came away with seven books - oops! I'm looking forward to looking through these this evening - lots of new projects in the pipeline. Should keep me busy and out of trouble.






Update on my husband's Nan: After several hours and rather a lot of stress they got back to the home early evening. Nan has an infection in her wrist/arm, but it is fortunately not broken. Getting the antibiotics into her is a feat in itself though as she is a fiesty 96 year old with dementia and doesn't like taking medication of any form, but it is necessary to avoid the infection getting into the bone. Hopefully though these new antibiotics will do the trick as the first lot she was prescribed by the local doctor weren't correct nor were prescribed for long enough.

What a shame so many stores are closing. Looks like you got some really great books. Just think of all the wonderful crafts you can create. Have fun reading through all of them. So glad your DH's Nan has the right antibiotics now and hopefully better soon. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteHi Lorraine .... glad nan is on the mend ... very worrying and what a grand old age she is .... lovely books ... I've got the Marie Claire bag one and the crochet blocks and they are really useful to have on the bookshelf. x
ReplyDeleteGreat books! Sorry your Borders is closing! Glad to hear that Nan should be ok! Good Luck with the meds!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Lisa
You cleaned up with those lovely books. Hope your nan is on the mend. I seem to have fixed the problem with leaving comments on your blog!..love Pam in Ireland
ReplyDelete