Sunday, 12 July 2009

Looe

Thursday was the day we set aside to go and have a second viewing of my dream cottage. We were fairly sure that after this viewing we would put in an offer, but sadly when I turned on my mobile in the morning there had been several messages left for us to phone the real estate agent. My heart sank at the news that the vendors had accepted an offer. To say I was gutted is an understatement, but I guess there will always be something else in the offering. So we continued with the rest of our plans to explore the surrounding area. We went into Liskeard - I forgot to take photos there. We then went on to one of my favourite places - Looe. After our evening in Looe when we took our older son to see Plymouth University, I knew I would want to see go there again. I still loved it just as much, even though it was a lot busier. Despite the extra people around it was still a beautiful peaceful place and had a very relaxed feel about it.







I had a very relaxing rest on the beach while Peanut (our younger son) played in the water and on the sand, and hubby and our older son went for an explore round the rocks. I just love being near the sea and it reminded me how much I miss it.

In another life I used to live just five minutes walk up the road from the beach in NZ. We could see the sea from our lounge window and I loved going down there watching the water and going for walks along the beach.

6 comments:

  1. Great trip! So sorry about the cottage! I do hope you will find the PERFECT one! The beach and sweet town look so Lovely! I'll have to admit it is sooooooo humid here that I've never been a HUGE fan of the beach. Only in Sept. and then the bugs are awful! OH WELL!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your place was sold. I know you will find a place that is even more perfect. The ocean is so wonderful to be near. Love the beach. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you didn't get the chance to view your dream cottage. I'm surprised it went in todays climate... things are selling so slowly but I suppose it is sod's law that you find a dream house and someone else gets in first.
    I always think when this happens - and its happened to me on numerous occasions- that you'll find something better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Missus...well that sucks, but as the magnificent Doris once warbled 'Que Cera Cera'. Take heart though...your new tea towel is in the post...and let Peanut know that if he ruins this one I wil personally tickle him to death in February! Take care, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear - I'm so sorry you missed out , but as you say for the next opportunity.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull
    See photrom.fr and romtop.blogspot.com
    Leave your comment

    ReplyDelete