Friday, 24 July 2009

Happy happy!

Today I am simply bubbling with excitement, although I still feel tired, my head is feeling slightly better so hopefully on the mend. But why am I all excited? The lounge still looks like a bomb site, the bedroom isn't a lot better, nor is the hallway and kitchen for that matter, so it is not as though I have made a lot of progress on the tidying front. However, I now have a bit more incentive...after my physio appointment this afternoon I managed to convince my lovely hubby to look at a dresser I had seen on eBay. Surprisingly he was rather amenable so off we went. He liked it, I liked it and better still it was a good price and matches our existing bookcases and other furniture reasonably well, so into the back of my car it went. Simple things make me happy really, although I have had to do some reshuffling round, or rather get teenage boy and his Dad to do some heavy moving! My bureau has moved back into our bedroom, which actually I am happier about as I am more likely to use it more there and not worry so much about it getting scratched!
Anyway do you want to see it? You do, oh goody, I hope you are as excited as me!
Ta daa!

I've already got a few things displayed on it, my sewing machines fit nicely in the bottom of the cupboard and I've also got shelf space inside as well. Once it is completely finished I'll do photos of inside as well.


Am I going to paint it? Well no, I actually prefer natural wood in most cases and especially as this blends in well with our other furniture I will be leaving it as is. It isn't especially fancy, or precious, but I'm in love with it utterly and completely and it is so nice to be able to display some of my pretty teacups. I think I will change it with the seasons, so once the rest of the lounge is spruced up I can spend some time 'fluffying'.


5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely dresser, I can see why your so very pleased with it, your lovely things look super all displayed like that....
    Have s uper weekend..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's lovely - great to find something so perfect isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just great! How exciting you got just what you wanted! I know how that is! And you can just sit and look at it and smile!! Yeah! Happy day!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dresser how exciting - and a spot of 'fluffing' is an essential!

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It houses all your lovely piecec perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete