Monday, 13 July 2009

Newquay on Friday

Friday was the day I enjoyed the least on our holiday. I wasn't feeling well, achy all over with a sore throat and generally feeling rather off colour. We went to Newquay - I wanted to go to St Ives, so I was also sulking about that which didn't help, especially as I really didn't enjoy Newquay at all. Whether it was because of how I was feeling, or the weather I don't know but I found it too bustly and 'commercial' and full of people. Sorry for those that might like Newquay - I'm sure it is a great place for teenagers (?) but just not me! I did manage to get a few photos though, although it rained pretty much most of the day which added to the cold, wet and miserable feel! Anyway enough of my moans, (it will be the only one) on to the pictures...





We walked to the end of the wharf shown in the picture above and to my surprise there were some seals in there lazying around as shown below. I spent ages just watching them, much to an impatient 12 year olds disgust.



Mr Seagull who was sitting just below where I was standing.



Playing mini golf (a must do on every holiday!) in the pooring rain. Teenage boy had to play one handed as he hurt his wrist somehow. Not sure what the other two are looking at?

4 comments:

  1. we were in Cornwall this time last year and I have to say I really did not like Newquay either :(
    Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 did a piece on Newquay last wednesday - teenage drinkers, crime etc.....should be on iplayer or radio 2 website - very interesting listen!!!
    Glad you had a good hol though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics! Sorry you were feeling bad and the weather was gross!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. St Ives is gorgeous so I totally get your point!! The parcel is in the post and they reckon it'll be there in 13 days...mmmmm we'll see! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seals are amazing. We only get to see them with binoculars at our end of the coast or take a boat trip out.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete