Friday, 31 July 2009

Fabulous Friday

It is a lovely Friday and the rain seems to be holding off. My new log cabin cushion has been doing the rounds of the house today and I think it has found a new home on my nursery chair. Please excuse the ripped wallpaper behind the chair - I've only been waiting 10 years for our bedroom to be decorated. It is now being put off 'until we get double glazing' so could be another 10 years yet! Anyway I think it looks quite at home here at the moment.

After physio this morning I had a spot of banking to do which of course means a browse through the local charity shops. I was extremely pleased to find this lovely lot of material in one.

I'm very happy with this selection and I'm sure some of it may find its way into my 'Pay it Forward' projects.


I also found this cute little teacup and saucer.


As well as this pretty sweet pea teacup and saucer.



Our garden is in terrible need of weeding, the lawn mowing and a jolly good tidy up, but what with the weather and other things, we still haven't got round to it. Hubby has gone to mow the lawns of his fathers place and has said he will bring the lawn mower back this time so hopefully ours will be done this weekend - it is starting to get embarrashing, what with the porch re-cluttered with all the boxes and bags I've sorted for the charity shop that STILL haven't been delivered. There are still some lovely flowers though and I've taken some pictures of them.

Lots of lavender buzzing with bees.

Very difficult to take a photo of the bees as they just wouldn't 'pose' for me.

I must cut some for drying.


Beautiful velvet pansy.






Lots of apples on the tree this year.



The plum tree is also awash with plums although sadly we lost a lot due to a very large branch breaking during the heavy wind and rain the other day.

Kirsty, Marty and Lisa were the first three to comment on my 'Pay it Forward' post yesterday (in fact they were the only three!) so ladies if you'd like to email me your address (I've emailed you all) I can put my thinking cap on and decide what to make to surprise you with.
Oh yes and Master 18 is arrived safely in Johannesburg yesterday and after a very long overland journey is now at the campsite in Swaziland.

3 comments:

  1. What great finds! and beautiful photos. Love 'em...Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, bet your garden isn't as untidy/overgrown as mine! Mine is desperate for a lawn cut, my excuse is that it keeps raining.

    Great finds (esp the cup and saucer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colourful post....:>))
    Such pretty flowers, My garden is nothing to write home about...sadly....full of weeds....eeekkk!

    Thank you for the lovely comment..x

    ReplyDelete