Saturday, 18 July 2009

Summer Barbecue

Today was the day of the annual summer barbecue at the home my hubby's nan lives at. Fortunately the weather remained warm and dry. There was a good selection of food and deserts - yum. Nan wasn't feeling the best today and we discovered why not long after this photo was taken - her left wrist was very red and swollen and extremely hot so the afternoon has ended with hubby going off in an ambulance with her. So I'm waiting at home with the boys while she has her wrist examined at the hospital.


Meet one of the home's resident guinea pigs 'Jim' who spent a considerable amount of my time receiving cuddles on my lap and handfuls of grass. Unfortunately he decided to 'piddle' and I ended up with a decidedly wet and warm patch on my trousers. He is very sweet though so was forgiven.

Being one never to miss a photo opportunity I noticed these caterpillars on some plants along the verge. Anyone know what they are?

2 comments:

  1. Aw what a shame for your Nan. Hope she is OK as a swollen wrist can be very painful.
    Give us an update?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to get to go visit your hubby's Nan. I do hope she is ok. I think it is so important to let them all know how much we care and love them. Great pics. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete