Wednesday, 1 April 2009

April is here!

What a way to welcome the 1st of April with new beginnings! I went out to the caviary to give the piggies their morning carrots and was greated by this lovely little baby boar. Nutmeg is the proud mother - didn't she do well? He is a right little bruiser. Now I've got to think of suitably Spring like name for him.


The weather has been simply lovely today and my thermometre in the car read 18 degrees celcius. I made us lunch to have outside in the garden. The sun is shining and birds are singing. Simply glorious. I've managed to get a bit more sorting and tidying done today, but my lounge still looks like a laundry/sewing/junk room at the moment. It is where to put everything now that I am struggling with.

This lovely little lady is 'Lady Mouse from Tailor of Gloucester' by Beswick. She was sitting on the sideboard at my FIL's. I can't imagine him having this, so it must have been his mother's. IF I manage to get my dining room table cleared she is going to be part of my Easter display centre piece. Yes I know she isn't a rabbit, but she is still cute and spring like.



I had to go to Pets at Home today to get some feed bins so while I was in that area I thought I would have a look round the shopping centre. They had about six (!) charity shops. I didn't really see much that took my eye today but couldn't resist these two little rabbit egg cups for £1. They look like very happy little fellows and will do nicely on the table for breakfast Easter morning. I may get some decorated eggs to put in them. Hmmm.



What I did discover though was an antique/flea market in the town hall which had various treasures and I managed to get a lovely framed pencil drawing of a Sheltie for my Aunt for Christmas for £3 and this super lovely set for my dressing table. I'm not sure when it dates from. The man who sold it said 1940s to 1950s, but I don't really mind as I just think it is lovely. My Mum has a set similar, although I don't think it is quite as nice as this. The embroidery is lovely. Apparently there were also two candlestick holders that went with it, but someone managed to get him to sell them to her separately. Shame.





I think it is very pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Your little baby is so sweet :o) well done Nutmeg! Has he got a name yet?

    ReplyDelete