Monday, 27 April 2009

Blue Monday & The Week Ahead

It's going to be really is a Blue Monday for me today. I just can't seem to motivate myself. It is raining and dull and I always find it much more difficult to do things when it is like this. I start something, get easily distracted and then sit around on the computer so thought I might as well write a post on my blog. So lets join Sally at Smiling Sally for a Blue Monday. If you haven't read yesterdays post, be sure to do so as there are lots of blues on there!




I have always liked apples, my favourite being New Zealand Braeburn and Gala apples. Combine this with my favourite colour and what do you get? - A blue apple! This lovely blue apple was sent to me in March for my birthday by Mum & Dad and they got it soooo right - I love it!

It is Okra glass and is signed and dated on the bottom. Of course I then had to look up Okra glass on the internet as I had no idea what it is, except something rather special.




Thank you Mum & Dad (if only you had a computer and could read my blog!)

My Week Ahead

1.
Try and be a bit more organised for the rest of the week! Try and focus on the must do's and get them done instead of procrastinating.
2. Tomorrow - work, banking, library visit and some craftiness. I have just written a short list of some projects I would like to sew.
3. Find somewhere to store the photo boxes piled four high in my kitchen that are STILL there after too many weeks to mention in writing.

Something to get excited about....

Our older son has finally become interested in looking at some Universities. He is due to start in September next year. Plymouth is on his list so we will hopefully be visiting there in June on one of the open days. Plus we might be able to have a look around the area and go and see the house I have had my eye on for some time which is about 18 miles away.

9 comments:

  1. I like your blue apple....so pretty!!

    Happy Blue Monday.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that apple is just gorgeous! What a great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't see many blue apples, but yours is very pretty. It reminded me of Beauty and the Beast and the blue rose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Serenata,
    Your apple is very unique. Thanks for sharing it with us and enjoy your Blue Monday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that apple is stunning -- love the iridescence! And good luck, both with the college hunt for your son (been there, done that, lived to tell the tale) and with the house hunt.
    I stalked That Old House for a year before we bought it!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apple is very, very lovely. It's been a bit blue and rainy here today too.
    Best of luck with the uni search.
    I must follow your example and write a plan for my week.
    Hope your week s good
    x
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serenata, your apple is divine. I collect fruit paper weights and this is different from anything I have. A lovely gift.

    Good luck with finding a college for your son.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that apple is amazing!!! It is just beautiful. I also love the butterfly header. Just have to ask if the spiders are as huge and awful there as I have heard???
    Blessings,
    katrina

    ReplyDelete